The latest version of SwiftKey Keyboard for Android is now available to download as a free update in the Play Store. After going through Beta testing for the last few weeks, this new version includes three new keyboard layouts, all of which can be resized, undocked and positioned where you choose on your screen. If you haven’t installed it before, it will set you back €3.99. Other keyboards available are catching up, but for us, this is still the most feature packed and best overall typing experience available on Android at present.
Here’s the list of everything new in the latest update:
- Compact: This new feature reduces the width of the keyboard and allows for easier typing with one hand or gesture typing using SwiftKey Flow. It also frees up more of the screen estate on tablets.
- Thumb: The keyboard can be split into two areas, enabling fast, comfortable typing with both thumbs. Undock it from the base of the screen for even more flexibility
- Full: The traditional full-width keyboard is still available and users with tablets can opt for an extended layout that is similar to the presentation of a physical keyboard.
- Choose from 5 sizes to get your keyboard the perfect size for you
- Undock your keyboard and position it where you choose on your screen
- Rearranged and optimized secondary (123) and tertiary (symbols) layout, based on extensive user testing
- A new theme: previously SwiftKey and SwiftKey Tablet had two different themes called “Dark”. Both are now available on phones and tablets, with the tablet “Dark” renamed as “Forest”
- Extended layout for tablets, including left and right cursor keys
- All 4 cursor keys (up, down, left, right) are now available on the secondary (123) layout on tablets – phone users can still choose to have cursor keys on the main layout
- 10-inch tablets can choose to have a central numpad in the thumb layout in landscape
- Combined phone and tablet app to give a seamless experience across all device sizes
- New language model: Canadian English is now supported – English (CA)
[youtube url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWmFFD12anU” autohide=”0″ disablekb=”1″ hd=”1″ rel=”0″ showsearch=”0″ showinfo=”0″]
You can download the App from this link