Breaking Down the Boundaries Between Film, Games, Books, Comics and VR/AR
WRITERS GAME is a new cultural and educational event premiering in Dublin this coming Nov 17th and 18th November 2018.
International creators from multiple media will lead Masterclasses and Workshops to give writers of all ages, new and experienced, not only the core tools for immersive and engaging story but answer these questions.
Best-selling author and founder of WRITERS GAME, Ray Ronan explains: “Our Masterclasses will explore the difference between writing for different media – what works for film, what works for TV. How do you write for games or books or comics and how do writers cope with new technologies such as VR and AR?
“And vital to all these industries and its writers, how do you become a successful writer, brand and creative entrepreneur – how can you make money in these industries.”
To do that WRITERS GAME presents morning plenary sessions for all writers, with story core techniques, key tools for writers on how to become a business, a writer brand. And how to do you write not just for one, but for more than one of these media.
Afternoon breakout workshops deliver up to 9 hours on writing story for games alone, ‘Game Narrative Design’. There will also be three other workshops for film and books, comics and also VR/AR. (Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality)
Speakers and instructors include from the United States are:
- Toiya Kristen Finley who co-founded the Game Writing Tutorial at the world leading GDC – Game Developers Conference in San Francisco and Lead Narrative Designer for Disruptor Beam,
- Jessica Sliwinski who works on games such as – the STAR WARS series, The Walking Dead: March to War, Star Trek Timelines, and Game of Thrones Ascent.
- Irish bestseller, Glenn Meade who has written 14 books, translated into almost 30 languages.
- Bestselling and award-winning author, Orna Ross, founder of Alliance of Independent Authors and who has been listed as the one of the top 100 most influential people in Publishing.
- From LA there is Jeff Miller, filmmaker and screenwriter, he is founder of interrogate.com with an incredible cadre of directors on their list including Vince Gilligan of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul.
- The comic book tracks are led by Ireland’s Pulse College with Virtual and Augmented Reality workshops lead by Camille Donegan and Virtual Reality Ireland.
“If you are a serious writer this is not to be missed. We are breaking down boundaries and opening up possibilities, showing the incredible talented mass of writers in Ireland how to take on the world,” says Ronan.
To book your place visit the website