With many sectors booming there are some great opportunities out there to take your career to the next level.
We’ve partnered with IrishJobs.ie to help our readers discover those jobs and we’ll be bringing you the Top 5 Jobs every week. If one of these jobs doesn’t suit you, why not try searching for a new job below in the righthand side column.
Take a look at The Top 5 Jobs for this week and click the buttons below to find out more.
It could be the chance you’ve been waiting for!
Scala Engineer at Jet.com
The successful applicant will collect, store and expose large amounts of structured data generated by a complex and vastly growing system landscape at Jet.com and Walmart.
Supplier Management Specialist at Permanent TSB
The IT Supplier Management Specialist will provide direct support to the IT Supplier Manager and be responsible for monitoring all activities relating to the management of suppliers, including multiple outsourcing and significant 3rd parties.
The IT Supplier Management Specialist will provide direct support to the IT Supplier Manager and be responsible for monitoring all activities relating to the management of suppliers, including multiple outsourcing and significant 3rd parties, providing services to the Group Technology function performed by Group Technology staff.
The successful candidate will have a strategic focus on supplier management requirements and be required to ensure the Supplier Governance Framework is fully aligned with internal policy, contract management requirements are clearly defined and understood, with supporting processes and procedures in place and fully documented.
The role is based in the Head office in Dublin, with availability required to travel to IT Centre in Cork on a regular basis.
SR Application Developer at First Data
In Nenagh, we are building the next generation of commerce infrastructure, services and analytics as part of the research and development organization of the largest global payment processor.
The senior application developer will, in collaboration with a multidisciplinary delivery team, design and develop software applications based on defined requirements.
IT & Test Manager at Irish Life Group
– The purpose of this role is to manage a broad range of IT activity along with management of a team of QA testers. The successful candidate will build the test strategy of the team to ensure robust test plans are developed by the team to cover off regression and new functionality delivered by our developers.
– The IT manager will work closely with the change team managing the test approach to projects and estimations on timelines.
– The IT manager will also be required to build and maintain a robust knowledge of the Irish Life Health applications and associated infrastructure and work with our group IT departments to solve problems or develop new solutions.
– The IT manager will also be responsible for managing all application security tasks such as access reviews, internal and external audits, cybersecurity questionnaires, risk management and compliance requirements that may arise within the IT department.
QA Engineer at ViaSat
The Q.A. Engineer will be working alongside software engineers to ensure the quality of our products. We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic about the quality of software applications, who has good attention to detail and good written and verbal communication skills. Applicants will be expected to be able to adapt to a fast-paced agile environment and be open to learning new technologies and scripting languages.
Key responsibilities are:
– Preparation and execution of functional and non-functional test cases based on user stories
– Automation of manual functional test cases and the identification of regression test cases that need to be automated.
– Training and exposure to our automation technologies and frameworks will be provided.
– Reporting and verifying bugs in an agile environment
– Exploratory manual testing of our native and web-based applications