By Rachel Stinson who writes about food, fashion, and places.
The home when you want to come back, that waits for you and is ready for your arrival. And this is not a metaphor; the house waits and is ready: light is switched on, the rooms are clutched and warmed up to the desired temperature, and there is pleasant music and warm dinner as if someone has prepared everything for you. Does it sound like fantasy? No, it’s already a reality, and it is called a “smart home.”
What has been considered once as the home of the future is here today. Smart homes have become a reality, and it is not only for the eccentric and wealthy. With the innovative application of technology, homeowners can turn their homes into state-of-the-art machines that can be manipulated and monitored from anywhere around the world.
Today’s smart homes can be monitored and controlled from any mobile phone. Homeowners can send messages from their mobile phone to activate heating or turn on the lights. Smart homes equipped with HD cameras inside the home can send real-time images directly to your mobile phone.
No longer are families limited to television. Smart homes integrate the latest computer technology to transform entertainment into an interactive experience. Families with “smart homes” can watch movies, play video games, and browse the internet from the living room. The desktop PC has the Media Center PC, with unlimited potential and integration into the life of the family. Media Center PC can also be used for video communication via VOIP technology. New streaming internet channels are coming online that will give viewers an unlimited range of shows and games that cater to their particular tastes. Settings can even be customized for different family members so that children are not exposed to inappropriate material on the TV or the Internet.
Smart Home is security conscious and aware of its occupant safety, monitoring whether someone has a fall and controls the temperature and light settings, depending on what is happening outside. Intelligent security devices can distinguish between family members and intruders. Affordable web cameras can be transformed into hidden cameras, and monitored by any computer over the World Wide Web.
There are plenty of intelligent devices available for your home. As smart homes are increasingly becoming popular, homeowners will benefit from more time and more enjoyable lifestyle. Smart home technology means controlling the home environment in a way to suit and improve your lifestyle.
Some things to know about Smart Homes:
- A smart home consists of surveillance cameras and motion sensors that can quickly detect unwanted movements in the absence of homeowners and can also generate an alarm.
- You can view live feeds directly from the Internet.
- You can manage the temperature of your house and can activate or deactivate the sprinklers at a particular time of the day.
- These homes are energy-saving homes. This allows you to monitor the electricity demands of your home and plans accordingly to reduce your electrical bill and limit power supply on various items.
- It offers an extensive variety of entertainment and luxurious features such as home theater system, smart refrigerators to help you in making your shopping list, and much more.
- You can make your home friendlier to children by making operations simpler and smoother.