Realex Payments, the eCommerce division of Global Payments, have announced a €7 billion rise in the value of payments processed annually, an increase from €28 billion as of April 2015 to €35 billion as of April 2016.
”This increase in transactions stems from our growing customer base in Ireland and internationally,” commented Gary Conroy, Managing Director at Realex Payments. “Over the past 12 months, we have added a significant number of new businesses to our expanding customer base. As our customers scale, and as online payments evolve, we continue to invest in product innovation that drives more consumers to buy online.”
Realex Payments continues to innovate to meet changing payment demands, delivering a number of key milestones over the past 12 months:
- Signed a two-year contract with allpay, the UK’s leading bill collections business, processing £1 billion of payments annually;
- Signed a three-year contract with Aviva, the UK’s largest insurer, as a customer in the UK, processing 200,000 monthly transactions from multiple brands through one simple interface;
- Completely revamped fraud engine, providing better transaction visibility and more control for merchants. Realex Payments also partnered with Cybersource to deliver an industry leading enterprise fraud solution, which applies over 260 separate fraud checks powered by intelligence extracted from 68 billion transactions processed every year through Visa Inc.;
- Launched a one-stop online payments solution in conjunction with Global Payments. This provides a complete payment solution that empowers UK customers to sell online;
- Made it easy for developers to do business with Realex Payments, with a whole suite of Software Development Kits and android & iOS mobile libraries, making it possible for developers to integrate in five minutes – all presented in the new Developer Hub;
- Showcased mobile payment innovation at the first Realex FinAppsParty hackathon in London. Over 100 app developers across 29 teams created innovative eCommerce apps. Working with the technology from event partners WooCommerce, Veridu, Post-Quantum, Estimote, and Amazon Web Services, the developers created everything from a cashless vending machine, to an app for tipping individual service staff, to an app that enabled seamless payments using facial verification – all using Realex’s new mobile libraries to accept payments;
- Appointed a UK General Manager, Dave Wills, who is responsible for driving revenue growth and managing the UK business. Wills has over 15 years of senior management experience at Barclays and Lloyds Banking Group, with particular expertise in merchant acquiring and commercial card issuing;
- Created 50 jobs in Ireland and the UK, scaling the team to accelerate growth with over 50 new additions to the team including growing product development from four teams to ten teams;
- Realex Payments gave back under the Realex Giving Program, which represents a genuine commitment to an Irish charity, Calcutta Connect. This program sent five of our team to Kolkata to give our time, expertise and resources to the communities in which our employees, clients and partners work;
- Earned recognition at the FSTech & Retail Systems Payments Awards for our industry-leading Best UK eCommerce Payment Solution.
“I’m excited to continue to build a global business, which will accelerate further growth for the business in the next 12 months,” continued Conroy.