Nutanix today announced Nutanix Xpress, a new hyperconverged solution designed to bring the power of the Nutanix enterprise cloud platform to Irish enterprises at a price point they can afford. A single IT professional can install and manage an organisation’s entire IT infrastructure, freeing valuable time to focus on initiatives that directly impact the top line.
Brian Davis, data centre sales manager, Data Solutions, said: “Typically in Ireland, businesses such as regional manufacturers or law firms have small IT teams who are responsible for all technology services within their company, including managing the complex technologies around virtualisation, server, storage and backup infrastructure. IT directors in these businesses struggle to drive the business forward when faced with balancing flat budgets and critical infrastructure challenges. For example, what do they do when their five-year-old SAN is approaching full capacity and end of support?
“Larger companies can tackle these challenges by reshaping their data centre infrastructure but smaller organisations are often unable to make such drastic shifts due to imposing costs and training requirements. Without access to more affordable and simpler solutions, these businesses continue to fall further behind, unable to compete as effectively with large corporations. This is where Xpress comes in.”
Nutanix has introduced Xpress to enable small and medium businesses to close the technology gap. It provides:
· All-in-one solution: A complete hyperconverged offering that natively integrates server, storage and virtualisation and radically simplifies the infrastructure stack in a single, space-saving platform that can power 5 to 500 virtual machines with proven performance and reliability so IT generalists who wear multiple hats can more easily support all infrastructure needs
· Plug and Play: All software factory preinstalled and ready to run nearly any virtualised application for small and medium businesses in less than 60 minutes?
· Built-in virtualisation: Built-in Nutanix AHV hypervisor and powerful VM management can eliminate expensive virtualisation licensing costs no additional software components to install and manage
· Futureproof: Easy data backup to public cloud services, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure, to deliver a practical cloud strategy
· Three-year support: Award-winning support from Nutanix technical teams and the Nutanix NEXT community of IT experts
“Xpress is the next step in the company’s long-term strategy to bring the benefits of hyperconvergence to businesses of all sizes,” said Raja Mukhopadhyay, VP of product management, Nutanix. “Xpress is a new Nutanix product line with a dedicated technology roadmap. In support of this new initiative, Nutanix is building new go-to-market strategies with its channel, developing additional training and augmenting its world-class support organisation.”
Brian Davis said: “Businesses throughout Ireland face an IT quandary – they are burdened with sprawling infrastructure and diverse management solutions, but have very limited options for deploying next-generation solutions, such as hyperconverged products. We see a significant opportunity to partner with Nutanix and bring the new Xpress solution to Irish organisations to help them build scalable, optimised infrastructure.”
Product Availability and Pricing
In Ireland, Nutanix Xpress will be sold through the channel, supported by leading IT solutions distributor Data Solutions, and will be available in July 2016. Final customer pricing is expected to be as low as €22,500, and will include access to Nutanix support tailored to the needs of Irish enterprises.
For more information about Nutanix Xpress visit www.nutanix.com/xpress.