LG took to their official Blog today to announce that their 8.3″ G Pad tablet will go on sale in Ireland from the end of October. Electrical retailer Harvey Norman will carry it exclusively.
In the UK it will sell for £259.99. There was no mention of Euro pricing in the release but somewhere in the region of €320 is what we’d expect when it hits the shelves here. That price will place it in direct competition with the iPad Mini and the substantially cheaper Nexus 7.
• Processor: 1.7GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600 Processor
• Display: 8.3-inch WUXGA (1920 x 1200 pixels / 273 ppi)
• Memory: 16GB eMMC
• RAM: 2GB LPDDR2
• Camera: Rear 5.0MP / Front 1.3MP
• Battery: 4,600mAh
• Operating System: Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2
• Size: 216.8 x 126.5 x 8.3mm
• Weight: 338g
• Colours: Black / White
The tablet certainly has a lot going for it, but as is the case with all these devices, pricing is key and it’s in a segment of the tablet market that is getting flooded with cheap alternatives.