Here is the elevator pitch …
The Fellowship is a 6-month, tailored experiential learning journey that develops financial services’ next set of tech visionaries – driven by @
— Anthemis Fellowship (@anthemisfellows) July 8, 2016
How is this different from programs run by other incubators or accelerators?
1. It’s a practical business course where you sit within the leading digital financial services company to develop your idea.
2. The Fellows will be immersed in a mature ecosystem of successful founders, mentors and domain experts.
3. Anthemis does not automatically get equity into your idea or venture.
Smart people, seeking smart people. If you are good enough get applying now. https://t.co/pIvbTbFT5k
— Aden Davies (@aden_76) July 11, 2016
What type of people are you trying to attract?
Bright minds. Whether you’re a graduate who can code like a demon, or are a seasoned entrepreneur in the non-finance world or a corporate veteran, as long as you are in the habit of solving pesky problems, have an original idea that you’d like to develop, we’d like to meet you. Once again, age, expertise, experience no bar.
See more on our FAQs page, in a nutshell we are looking for someone …
- with a track record of “getting things done”/achieving goals (in any context, not just business or education)
- who can clearly articulate their passion and vision for improving our financial system and industry – this can be big and broad or focused and narrow or anything in between as long as it is coherent and clear
- who make a strong case why their skills, character and previous experiences will help them achieve their goal
- who has a unifying thesis and/or project they would like to pursue during the fellowship
- who has a spirit of entrepreneurship and adventure, self-confidence but not hubris and who bring energy to those around them – always willing to learn and try new things
- who can effectively deal with ambiguity, instability and uncertainty
Where will the successful Fellow be based?
The Fellows will be based in London. We have a global network of companies where we can help facilitate a placement if we see a complementary fit for the Fellow and their concept.
— Anthemis Fellowship (@anthemisfellows) July 11, 2016
When was the Fellowship launched?
Anthemis Fellowship was launched 3 years ago. It started as a one year course and based on the feedback from our Fellows and mentors, we’ve shortened the course to 6 months and made it more dynamic and practical.
— Anna Smee (@AnnaSmee1) July 7, 2016
Tell us about your team?
Our team consists of the most visionary and prescient leaders in digital financial services – and the Fellows will be working with them but mentors selected from within our ecosystem.
Our team consists of the most visionary and prescient leaders in digital financial services – Sean Park, Amy Nauiokas, Yann Ranchere, David Galbraith to name a few. The Fellows will be working with them and mentors selected from within our ecosystem. See more here
— Simrat Ghuman (@SimGhuman) July 5, 2016
What are you long term plans for the course?
The Anthemis Fellowship initiative is purely to develop talent in Financial Services. We believe that at Anthemis we have the expertise, the intelligence and the ecosystem required to support and enhance ideas that have come of age. We want to develop the talent that will take financial services into the future.
How do people get in touch with you?
— Anthemis Group (@anthemis) January 28, 2016