Leading experts from the digital and retail worlds will address the second annual National Pharmacy Summit, in CityWest Hotel, Dublin on Thursday 8th October 2015. Hosted by iQuest Events, the Summit will explore the changing role of the pharmacist and the increasingly important part that technology plays in the delivery of care in today’s modern pharmacies.
Key speakers at the Summit include:
Richard Corbridge, Chief Information Officer, HSE and eHealth Ireland who will talk about eHealth and where pharmacies fit into the Government’s strategy.
Geoff Scully, Managing Director of Littlewoods Ireland will share his insights into retailing online.
Catherine Picton, UK based health policy expert and co-author of ‘Now More than Ever – Shaping Pharmacy for the Future’ will discuss how pharmacists must adopt a more holistic approach to the delivery of health services within pharmacies.
Michael Nolan, from iQuest said, “The future is challenging and it’s time for pharmacy retailers to rethink their business model and innovate to succeed. In today’s low growth, low margin environment retailers need a comprehensive, transformational approach if they want to be able to respond to high-growth channels and emerging markets. We expect this Summit to be of big interest to pharmacists throughout the country.”
Other speakers at this year’s Pharmacy Summit include:
- Pete Doyle, Founder, SocialRetail Group, expert in social media for retailers
- Patrick McCormack, Managing Director, Sam McCauley Pharmacy Group
- Kathy Maher, President of the Irish Pharmacy Union (IPU)
- John Smyth, Marketing Manager, Micksgarage.com
- Keith O’Hourihane, Community Pharmacist and Director, Pharmacy First Plus Group
- Dr Mary Casey, Associate Dean for Taught Graduate and Continuous Professional Development Programmes at the UCD School of Nursing, Midwifery and Health Systems.
- Gordon Newman, Head of Multichannel, Lifestyle Sports
- Dr. Catriona Bradley, Executive Director, Irish Institute of Pharmacy
- Ultan Molloy, MPSI PharmEvolve Senior Consultant
- Stuart Fitzgerald, Director, Fitzgerald Power Ltd.
For further information on the conference visit here.