Dell today announced its new portfolio of award-winning XPS devices, featuring the innovative XPS 12 2-in-1, ultra-mobile XPS 13 notebook and stunning XPS 15 powerhouse laptop. Continuing to build on the XPS family’s premium pedigree of form and function, this updated lineup is designed to offer the best consumer laptops, incorporating high performance 6th generation Intel Core processors and sleeker hardware, all built for an enhanced Windows 10 experience.
“Beginning with CES 2015, when we first unveiled the world’s smallest laptop – the XPS 13 with our exclusive InfinityEdge display- the world took notice of the innovations coming out of Dell that no other laptop manufacturer was offering,” said Frank Azor, general manager of Dell XPS. “Today we are further demonstrating our commitment to innovation and design by delivering the most impressive XPS lineup ever seen.”
The new XPS devices boast a number of ‘firsts’ and ‘bests’ in their respective product groups – spanning form-factor breakthroughs, display prowess, battery life and more – maintaining the tradition of offering the best computing experience. The XPS 13 and 15 feature premium and ultralight materials such as carbon fibre and machined aluminium, and the entire XPS portfolio has Corning® Gorilla® Glass NBT options (only available on touch displays). In addition, stunning panels with sharp detail and accurate colours, and the latest graphics and processors, offer the perfect blend of performance, mobility and durability.
Incorporating select aspects of the Latitude line, the XPS laptops are most manageable, and come with best-in-class security features for commercial appeal. The new XPS portfolio is catering to power users who need the best of both work and play, with features like Thunderbolt 3, which enables one-cable docking and up to eight times faster downloads than USB 3.0, and the capability to connect with the next generation of Latitude docking (coming in 2016). Additionally, XPS laptops are among the most environmentally friendly portfolio Dell offers, designed with smarter materials and shipped in recyclable, compost-friendly packaging, ensuring the environment is always top of mind.
- XPS 12 2-in-1 – Perfecting the laptop to tablet experience, the new and innovative XPS 12 2-in-1 is designed to easily switch between laptop and tablet with a magnetic connection that enables one-handed transition. It is the only 2-in-1 device with a 4K Ultra HD display option, with 6 million more pixels than a Full HD display.
Packed with high resolution cameras – 8MP world-facing, 5MP user-facing – the XPS 12 allows users to capture their world how they see it. The 2-in-1 comes standard with a mobility base, which provides a sleek full-size backlit keyboard and precision touchpad for working on-the-go, as well as the custom-built Dell Premier Folio, which provides a stand for the tablet with variable angle positions and also keeps the device safe during travel.
- XPS 13 – Building on an impressive showing at CES 2015, the award-winning XPS 13 now features 6th generation Intel Core processors and graphics, more storage and memory (up to 1TB PCIe SSDs and 16GB RAM, respectively) and Thunderbolt 3.
The XPS 13’s popular form factor continues to impress, still holding its title of the smallest 13-inch laptop on the planet,1 as well as the first with a virtually borderless InfinityEdge display. With up to 18 hours, 14 minutes of battery life with a FHD display, the XPS 13 also offers the longest battery life on a 13-inch laptop.
- XPS 15 – The XPS line offers powerhouse performance in aggressive form factors, and the new XPS 15 is the pinnacle of that design philosophy.
With the success of the XPS 13, Dell is now bringing the world’s first virtually borderless InfinityEdge display to a 15-inch laptop, making it the smallest 15-inch laptop on the planet. At just 11-17mm thin and starting at 3.9 lbs (1.78kg) with 56Whr battery, SSD, and non-touch display, the XPS 15 is also the lightest performance-class 15-inch laptop. The XPS 15 features a stunning UltraSharp 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) resolution option and the only 100 percent minimum Adobe RGB display on a laptop. Offering powerhouse performance on-the-go, the device is underpinned by 6th generation Intel Core processors (up to i7 Quad Core), NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 960M graphics (2GB GDDR5), high performance memory up to 16GB at 2133 MHz, up to 1TB hard drive or 1TB PCIe SSD storage, and Thunderbolt 3. Additionally, the XPS 15 battery life offers up to 17 hours with a FHD display, 84WHr battery and SSD. For users who need horsepower to drive graphics and processor-intensive creation, the XPS 15 is the multimedia beast they’ve been waiting for.
Enhance the Mobility and Performance of an XPS with Dell XPS Essential Accessories
Stay powered up, connected and protected on the go, and productive in the office, with purpose-built accessories for the XPS portfolio.
- Dell Thunderbolt Dock – TB15: Charge and connect XPS laptops to a single data and power source to allow for the ultimate display performance – up to three Full HD displays or two 4K displays – and faster data transfers with the Dell Thunderbolt Dock with Intel® Thunderbolt 3 cable. Coming in 2016.
- Dell Dock – WD15: Charge and connect XPS laptops to up to two Full HD displays and five other peripheral devices and enable increased video performance with a single, USB Type-C cable to provide power, Ethernet, audio, USB, and video. Coming in 2016.
- Dell Power Companion: Power and charge the XPS laptops along with phones and tablets while on the go with the Dell Power Companion (12,000 mAh for XPS 13, 18,000 mAh for XPS 15). Extend the XPS 13 for up to 10 additional hours and XPS 15 up to nine hours.
- Dell Premier Sleeve: Keep XPS 13 and 15 laptops protected with a sleek, custom-fitted sleeve to use alone or inside a case. (S for XPS 13, M for XPS 15).
- Dell Adapter – USB Type-C to HDMI/VGA/Ethernet/USB 3.0: Connect the XPS to multiple devices – projectors, TVs, displays, and Ethernet – with one dongle. Coming soon.
- Dell Bluetooth Mouse – WM615: Combines high performance with an innovative design which transforms from comfort to ultra-portability and increases productivity while on the go.
- XPS 12-specific accessory:
- Dell Active Pen: Optimized to take advantage of Microsoft® Edge’s annotating features. Easily take notes with Microsoft® OneNote in one click or capture content in only two clicks. For the creative type, use Bamboo Paper to take notes, sketch or draw, just like on paper.
Better Together – Dell and Windows 10
Dell and Microsoft have enjoyed a relationship spanning more than two decades. Together they have been able to define the modern computing age, now they are redefining it by working together to marry Windows 10 software with Dell hardware.
Starting in 2013, Dell and Microsoft engineers began working on the key features of Windows 10 to help Dell design fantastic, new PC solutions for customers like the ones announced. The latest XPS devices were built with these features in mind:
- Cortana: Dell premium audio features, including Studio-quality voice enhancement with Waves MaxxAudio® Pro, help make it easier and more reliable to interact with Cortana, your virtual personal assistant.
- Continuum: Dell 2-in-1 devices, like the new XPS 12, utilize Continuum, which helps people transition seamlessly between tablet and desktop modes.
- Microsoft Edge: Dell PCs deliver a great pen experience which is brought to life better with the Microsoft Edge browser. Now you can annotate web pages and share them with anyone – at work and for play. Pair the XPS 12 with the Dell Active Pen to take notes on webpages to share with anyone.
“We’ve worked hard with Dell over the past few years to ensure people have a great experience with Dell’s Windows 10 devices,” said Yusuf Mehdi, Corporate Vice President, Windows and Devices Group, Microsoft. “Whether you need a system for work or entertainment, at home or on the road, the new XPS portfolio features innovative devices built to highlight the best of Windows 10, providing customers with a choice of computing that best fits their style and helps them do more.”
Get the Most Out of Your Technology with Dell Services & Support
Dell customers can get the most out of their technology with Dell proactive Services and Support. Backed by SupportAssist technology, Dell ProSupport Plus for PCs and Tablets for business users and Premium Support for consumers are dedicated to keeping customers connected and productive, providing maximum support with minimal customer effort. ProSupport Plus for PCs and tablets is the only complete support service combining proactive, predictive monitoring for automatic issue prevention and resolution with priority access to expert support and accidental damage repair. While Premium Support is the industry’s only consumer support service combining proactive automated support with 24×7 access to expert technicians, onsite service after remote diagnosis and support for both hardware and software issues.
- The XPS 15 is available on Dell.ie in Ireland starting at €1,479
- The XPS 13 is available on Dell.ie in Ireland starting at €1,149
- The XPS 12 will be available in the coming months in Ireland. Pricing will be available at launch.