Career Zoo returns to The Convention Centre Dublin for its 10th event this Saturday, September 12th. An estimated 10,000 people will attend #CareerZoo10 to meet with many of the world’s most innovative employers.
The final line-up for the event was unveiled today, featuring almost 100 employers from the tech, biopharma and financial services sectors, alongside a schedule of panel discussions and workshops with leading industry figures.
Expedia, EMC, Kerry and Fenergo are just some of the employers added to the line-up in recent weeks.
A number of the companies participating in #CareerZoo10 have made major job announcements recently, including SAS, which plans to create 150 jobs in Dublin over the next three years; Pramerica, which announced 330 new jobs for its Letterkenny base; Zalando, which announced 200 jobs at its new fashion insights centre in Dublin in April; Uber, Parexel, IT Alliance Group, and more.
Throughout the day on Saturday, panel discussions will take place at #CareerZoo10, with topics ranging from ‘The Fintech Revolution’, ‘Big Data: Where to Now?’, and ‘Breakthroughs in Research’ to ‘Diversity: An Opportunity for Irish Employers’. Panellists will include:
· Furio Pietribiasi, Managing Director, Mediolaum Asset Management
· Marc Murphy, CEO, Fenergo
· Michelle Cullen, Head of Inclusion and Diversity, Accenture Ireland
· Padraic Sheerin, Vice President, Data Science, Prudential Financial (Pramerica)
· Anne Lanigan, Senior Development Advisor, Enterprise Ireland
· Dr. Marion Palmer, WITS Chair, ?Head of Department of Technology and Psychology, IADT
· Valentine Gogichashvili, Head of Data Engineering, Zalando
Alongside the Speaker Series on the Main Stage, the TechBox area of the event will hold talks on specialist tech topics throughout the day. Topics covered will include radical agility; modelling and high-transaction platforms; development philosophy; life as a consultant; and building digital platforms for specific industries, with speakers from companies including Citi, Ericsson, Guidewire and Ergo.
Mystery Company and Other Highlights
One of the employers likely to attract the most attention at #CareerZoo10 is a mystery company: due to the fact that it is at a crucial phase of its development – and operates in an extremely competitive market – the company will not be revealing its identity on the day. However, attendees can head along to its stand in the BioCluster zone to find out more.
Another major attraction is likely to be the ICON plc. stand, where visitors can see how technology is impacting on the life sciences sector by journeying through a human heart using Oculus Rift technology.
Other highlights of #CareerZoo10 will include:
· A focus on Big Data, and Fintech and Finance.
· The return of ‘Smart Badges’ – allowing companies and candidates to digitally share content such as CVs, company profiles and videos.
· Tech Town – showcasing career opportunities with indigenous tech companies.
· BioCluster – showcasing opportunities with pharmaceutical and medical devices companies and in the general Life Sciences.
· Python Coding Space.
· Women in Tech space – with mentoring workshops for women in tech.
Commenting today, Director of Career Zoo, Brian Ó hOisín, said “It’s incredible to think this is our 10th event and we have a really positive, high-energy atmosphere planned for this Saturday, with some fantastic companies and speakers taking part.
“Not only is this our best line-up ever, but there are also more exciting roles on offer than ever before. Candidates with the right skills-set can expect to make truly interesting connections at the event. Last time round, lots of attendees left with multiple interviews and job offers secured.
“Our aim has always been to bring together talent and opportunity and it’s great to see people coming along to the event, and finding jobs on offer that really excite them.”.
Admission is free. To register to attend the event, go to www.careerzoo.ie.