YouTube has revealed Ireland’s most watched, shared and talked about videos for 2015. YouTube Rewind 2015 takes a look back at a year of memorable moments with top 10 lists featuring the biggest trending videos and music videos on YouTube both in Ireland, the UK and across the globe.
2015’s Irish top ten list was the year for powerful global campaigns. The top trending video was by leading feminine care brand Always and their #LikeaGirl campaign which aimed at turning the phrase from an insult into an empowering message. Other videos of global movements included ‘The Love Has No Labels’ campaign.
Irish people had some sugar cravings this year with two of the top ten videos – Trying Japanese Candy and ThatcherJoe does that Candy Video – featuring a candy taste tests. As well as watching people eat sweets, we wanted to make our own with cake making tutorials on ‘Miniature Guinness Cakes’ also ranking highly.
On the home front, Conor McGregor continued to cement his status as a global superstar, while Ray D’Arcy’s widely talked about interview with Jack Nicholson impersonator, Norman Deesing peaked our interest.
So here is this year’s list of top trending videos for 2015, based on views, shares, comments, likes and more. This year, the list represents the amazing variety of creativity brought to YouTube each day, which can include powerful messages, heartwarming stories and some serious LOL moments on YouTube.
Top 10 Videos
- Always #LikeAGirl – Unstoppable
- Women’s Ideal Body Types Throughout History
- TRYING JAPANESE CANDY!!
- Conor McGregor’s Heartbreaking Story About Late Young Fan
- Heeere’s…Norman? | The Ray D’Arcy Show | RTÉ One
- Miniature Guinness Cakes – The 60 Second Chef
- THATCHERJOE DOES THAT ‘CANDY’ VIDEO
- Love Has No Labels | Diversity & Inclusion | Ad Council
- Minecraft Xbox – Everything Else 
- The Foreigner’s Guide to Irish Accents
On the music front, it was another great year for the ladies, with six leading female artists taking top 10 spots, including two appearances by Taylor Swift with Bad Blood and Style. 2015’s top 10 music videos were collectively played billions of times from channels with over 100 million subscribers.
Top 10 Music Videos
- Wiz Khalifa – See You Again ft. Charlie Puth
- Major Lazer & DJ Snake – Lean On (feat. MØ)
- Ellie Goulding – Love Me Like You Do
- Maroon 5 – Sugar
- Adele – Hello
- Taylor Swift – Bad Blood ft. Kendrick Lamar
- Rihanna And Kanye West And Paul McCartney – FourFiveSeconds
- Sia – Elastic Heart feat. Shia LaBeouf & Maddie Ziegler
- Justin Bieber – What Do You Mean?
- Taylor Swift – Style