From Beyoncé’s livestream at Coachella to landmark Irish videos like ‘The Conor McGregor Song’, ‘Coláiste Lurgan’s ‘Despacito As Gaeilge’, and Finbar Furey & Christy Dignam’s performance of ‘Green Fields of France’ on The Late Late Show, people come to YouTube to be part of music culture and discover new music.
But YouTube was made for watching, which meant fans have had to jump back and forth between multiple music apps and YouTube. Those days will soon be over. Today, we’re excited to bring YouTube Music to Ireland.
YouTube Music is a new music streaming service made for music listening, on top of the magic of YouTube: making the world of music easier to explore and more personalised than ever. Whether you want to listen, watch or discover – all the ways music moves you can be found in one place.
Here are six reasons we think you’re going to like YouTube Music:
- It’s ALL here. Not just music videos, but official albums, singles, remixes, live performances, covers and hard-to-find music you can only get on YouTube.
- Recommendations built for you. A home screen that dynamically adapts to provide recommendations based on what you’ve played before, where you are and what you’re doing. At the gym workin’ on that fitness? Escaping during your commute? The right music is right here, built just for you.
- Thousands of playlists across any genre, mood or activity. That means no matter what kind of music you like, where you are, what you’re doing, or what mood you’re in, you can easily find the right playlist for that moment. Try “Blogged 50” to discover new music or “Indie Under Pressure” to get the heart rate going.
- Smart search so we’ll find the song, even if you can’t remember what it’s called. Try “that hipster song with the whistling” or “That rap song with flute” – We got you. You can also search by lyrics (even if they’re wrong). It’s “Starbucks lovers,” right?
- The hottest videos. We’ll keep you on top of what’s hot! The hottest videos in the world right now are right there, on their own dedicated Hotlist screen. Today in Ireland, it features Arctic Monkeys – Four Out of Five, Sam Smith – Pray, and Sigrid – High Five.
- No internet? No problem. Get YouTube Music Premium to listen ad-free, in the background and on-the-go with downloads. Plus, your Offline Mixtape automatically downloads songs you love just in case you forgot to.
See here for YT Music product video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuxAK7guwNo&feature=youtu.be
While fans can enjoy the new ad-supported version of YouTube Music for free, we’re also launching YouTube Music Premium, a paid membership that gives you background listening, downloads and an ad-free experience for €9.99 a month. And for a limited time, music fans can get three months free of YouTube Music Premium here.
YouTube Premium also launches today with new Originals
Starting today, you can also upgrade to YouTube Premium, providing members with the benefits of Music Premium, plus ad-free, background, and downloads across all of YouTube. You can also enjoy the full slate of YouTube Originals shows and movies, including the hit series Cobra Kai and Impulse, plus two new shows launching today: F2 Finding Football with follows the F2 as they discover football culture around the world with world-renowned musical guests such as Lil Jon, Becky G and more, and The Sidemen Show which has The Sidemen going on wild adventures with celebrity guests such as Nicole Scherzinger and Bear Grylls. Try YouTube Premium free for three months here, €11.99 per month after.
YouTube Music and YouTube Premium are now available to everyone in 17 countries: Ireland, the United States, Australia, New Zealand, and Mexico as well as Austria, Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Russia, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
Google Play Music subscribers will automatically receive access to YouTube Music Premium at their current price as it becomes available there. Nothing is changing with Google Play Music – you’ll still be able to access all of your purchased music, uploads and playlists in Google Play Music just like always.
Get the new YouTube Music from the Play Store and App Store today or check out the brand new web player at music.youtube.com.
You can sign up for YouTube Premium at youtube.com/premium.