Vodafone Ireland reported results were in line with expectations. Some of the key results included:
- Average revenue per user fell 3.4pc to €31.20
- 66% of it’s customer base is pre pay
- Over one third of it’s customers use smartphones, a rise of almost 60% over last years figures
- Customer numbers rose 1.7 per cent, to 2.46 million
- Vodafone invested over €120million in it’s network in the past year (probably one of the only networks in the country
to doto be able to do this).
Like everything else we’ve seen recently, Vodafone reported that data is driving revenue when compared with calls and sms services.