As we all know that marketing is constantly expanding. There’re so many improvements such as new social media platforms and new strategies have happened over the past few years. 2016 was an amazing year, we saw increasing interest on social media and also in content marketing.
Even for Digital Marketing point of view, 2016 was also a great year of enormous changes! From Twitter’s new algorithm, Pokemon Go location-based augmented reality game madness to the LinkedIn acquisition by Microsoft in June for $26.2 billion, we had an exciting year.
We are expecting current year will bring a new set of marketing opportunities. Therefore, we have asked 10 most recognized social media marketing experts for their insights to know more about what are their digital marketing predictions for 2017.
- Content Marketing
According to Harris (CEO of Elumynt, a digital marketing agency), content marketing will remain king. As per him, content marketing will be going to continue to trend in 2017. According to groundreport.com, an article reveals that Google prefers websites with quality content and is able to provide useful information to visitors. Some of the important factors that you need to follow if you’re doing content marketing:
- Create quality content in varied forms such as graphics, videos, podcasts, etc.
- Instead of focusing on the epic blog post and potentially explosive content, entrepreneurs should focus on creating informative content that people will actually want to read
- A good story telling concept can make your content speak rather than read. So you need to more emphasis on human touch points, and correlation to actual scenarios when you are doing content marketing.
- Video Content
According to Roberto Blake, YouTuber, videos will become a trend in 2017. As we have seen in 2016, a number of companies using videos on social media sites and other live platforms. So it has been predicted that video content will be important in 2017. An article published in Freshegg.co.uk says that live video has been adopted by more brands, and individuals, over the last 12 months and this is only set to increase. One important point you need to keep in your mind while you’re marketing for video content:
- Focus on listening and understanding the demands of your consumer and then create the right video content that ticks all the boxes.
- Share all videos in several ways, via more apps, with story-telling and engagement at the core
According to Brian Halligan, CEO of Hubspot, Google is important as many companies will need to use it in order to reach their goals in 2017. He says that businesses need to create content not just supposed to rank in search, but also to be pulled into Google’s quick answer box (Provide a simple answer to a wide range of search).
For instance, have a look at following example that shows how to boost organic traffic with Quick Answer box of Google.
- Influence of AI/ML on marketing
Tim Soulo – Head of Marketing, Product Development & Chief Evangelist, Ahrefs, says that he does not have any especially exciting prediction for digital marketing in 2017. One thing that excites him personally is the influence of AI/ML on marketing. These days many people invest in tools that help them automate their common marketing tasks, for creating their professional logo design and squeeze the best possible results out of them. So he predicts that in just a few years we’ll have tools where you just click on one button and it gives all you need.
He sees that that marketing is quickly developing in all possible areas and some of them are as follows:
- We learn to understand our customers better
- We learn to retain the right kind of customer
- We monitor all sorts of business metrics and we have better analytic tools
- We get better at creating quality content, be it a blog post or a TV advertisement
- Value-Driven Marketing
Josh Steimle, CEO of MWI and author of Chief Marketing Officers At Work, says that digital marketing will focus on value driven strategy in 2017. Value-Driven Marketing is a combination of influencer marketing, empathy, and speed.
- One of the best benefits of great marketers is empathy (the ability to truly understand consumers) that will become more clear in this year
- Great marketers are more concerned with connecting with consumers in a trustworthy way and less concerned with protecting what they create
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
According to Blog.crowdspring.com, marketing is today becoming more of an investment and is about involving the right people.
Arnie Kuenn, CEO of Vertical Measures says that as compared to traditional marketing strategies (pay per click), SEO strategies have occupied a tremendous position in website designing and content marketing. According to him, there are various fascinating SEO areas which will be effective to our clients in 2017:
- First and foremost thing is moving to HTTPS
- The second point is mobile search. It’s very important to ensure that your web pages load fast for mobile search.
- The third is quality content. Develop high-quality content for which visitors will engage with it.
- Film Making And Photographs Capturing
We are nowadays seeing that users choosing their platforms based on what is interesting to them instead of where everyone else is hanging out. And according to Roshni Mahtani – Founder & CEO, Tickled Media (including theAsianparent.com), this will be a trend in 2017. Imagine VSCO vs Instagram for photographers and Vimeo vs YouTube for filmmakers.
- Retention Strategies
According to Kenrick Drijkoningen – Expert in Residence, Golden Gate Ventures, Companies will more focus on retention strategies (as opposed to new acquisition). He also thinks that there will be a greater investigation on containing costs for channels that don’t show the direct return on investment (ROI).
- Virtual Reality (VR)
Armin Amiri – Head of Digital, Nuren Group predicts that Virtual Reality is the future step after videos in digital marketing. He anticipates digital marketers will use virtual reality to influence potential users. Even VR will help businesses to present their products/services through ads in the best possible way.
According to him, the human element is important and technology doesn’t impact human touch. Brand ambassadors, influencer endorsements, and business logo design are all essential elements for effective digital marketing in future.
- Voice Ads
According to Raymond Segismundo – Head of Performance Marketing, Chope, the prediction for digital marketing in 2017 is Voice Ads. With the rise of Amazon’s Alexa and Google Assistant, voice ads will probably become a reality in 2017. For instance, if you ask Alexa or google voice app for Italian restaurants near your place, they will give you the best appropriate solution.
Over To You
Following the present-day digital marketing, trends can help you better engage with your target customers. As technology is constantly evolving in terms of engaging on different social media networks, using more visual media, so you need to evolve with it.
So this is what the experts predict! Which marketing trend do you plan on investing more into in 2017 for your business?