The shortlist for the 2017 eir Spider Awards has been announced. The awards recognise Irish and Northern Irish businesses and community organisations for their creativity and innovation and provide an important opportunity to recognise and showcase online excellence.
There are fourteen categories this year; a snapshot of the shortlisted entries is below. The full list is available on the eir Spider Awards website, www.eirspiders.ie.
- Best Use of Data & Web Analytics: Love Nature, Rubicoin, Skintervention
- The Elevation Award: Continuum, Core Optimisation, Ding, Engage, Fathom
- Best Use of Video: Centra Live Well Campaign, Foodoppi, UCC’s River of Life
- Best in Social Media Optimisation: Foodoppi, TheTaste.ie, Vee by Vhi
- Best mCommerce Campaign: Supermacs App, Toyota FaceItDown, Thomas Cook
- Best Business2Business: Dobiquity, Openet Accelerate, Safe Events
- Suíomh Gaeilge is Fearr: Conradh na Gaeilge, Comhar.ie, Dúchas.ie, Oideas Gael
- Best in News, Publishing and Entertainment: Buzz.ie, Eumom, That’s Farming
- Best in Blogging: Goos3D.ie, OnTheQT.ie, Taxback.com blog, The Mammy Blog
- Best in Charity and Not-for-Profit: Aware, Rotunda.ie, The Irish Girl Guides
- Best Campaign: Gas Networks Ireland, Irish Rail, Lily O’Briens, Repak
- Best in User Experience: Fixers.ie, Limerick.ie, CDG – Monaghan Institute
- Agency of the Year: Continuum, Engage, Kooba, Strata3, Together Digital
- Best Digital Start-Up: Fillit, Rubicoin, Travel WiFi, YourDaysOut
Established in 1996, the eir Spider Awards are now in their 22nd year and are the longest standing digital awards in Ireland – considered an important benchmark for distinction and excellence in web-based business strategies. Previous winners have been on the cutting edge of their chosen fields and have gone on to great success in their respective industries.
Commenting on the shortlist, Paul Mulqueen, Head of SMB, eir Business and Chairperson for the eir Spider Awards Judging Panel, said, “The eir Spider awards has become a key event in the Irish tech industry calendar each year, focusing on recognising and celebrating the very best the community has to offer. The contribution of the best and brightest of the digital spectrum – from insightful bloggers and inspiring charities to game-changing enterprise and innovative video production – has made for an exciting marketplace, and this is very much reflected in the shortlist.
“We in eir are especially proud to support these awards and highlight all that can be made possible by embracing digital channels. A strong digital presence allows businesses to compete, not just on a national stage but it also opens up opportunities across the globe. From a judging perspective, each year it gets harder as the bar is raised higher and higher – a great reflection of the talent and creativity in Irish companies today. Congratulations to everyone who has been shortlisted. It’s a great achievement and one worth celebrating.”
This year’s awards take place on Thursday, 30th November, at The Round Room at the Mansion House, Dawson Street, Dublin 2.