Chromecast caused a stir when it was first launched in 2013, bringing smart TVs to the masses. With Chromecast, any screen with a HDMI port could instantly access the burgeoning world of streaming video services such as YouTube and Netflix, opening up a whole new viewing experience and disrupting the traditional TV delivery model.
Now Google is proud to launch in Ireland the 3rd generation of Chromecast. With a 15 percent improvement in hardware speed, increased framerate support to 60fps, better integration with Google Assistant, and a slick redesign in two colours, the new Chromecast is the ideal accompaniment to the many great devices that Google has launched in Ireland over the past year, such as Google Home, Google Wifi and Pixel 3.
Chromecast is still just €39, and is available online from the Google Store or Harvey Norman nationwide.
Here are a few of our favourite highlights from the new Chromecast:
– Same size, but even more powerful. Thanks to a 15 percent improvement in hardware speed, our newest Chromecast supports smooth streaming in 1080p at 60 frames per second, giving you a more lifelike image. So when you’re watching the game, it will feel even more like you’re there.
– Works with the apps and devices you know and love. Stream from thousands of apps such as YouTube, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, ITV, All4 and more.1 Chromecast works across platforms, whether you use an iPhone, iPad, Android device, Windows or Mac laptop, or a Chromebook.
– Go hands-free. Chromecast and Google Home work seamlessly together. Just say what you want to watch from compatible services, like YouTube or Netflix, and control your TV just by asking. Additionally, you’ll also get visual answers on your TV when you ask Google Home about sports scores, stocks, weather and more.
– Fits right in. With curved edges, a smooth finish, and available in two colours – Chalk and Charcoal – the newest Chromecast was designed to beautifully blend in with your home decor. Google paid attention to every detail, even for a product that tucks away neatly behind your TV.
– More than a screen—it’s a canvas. When you’re not streaming, you can personalize your TV with new Live Albums from Google Photos. Enjoy a constantly updating stream of photos of the people and pets you care about and skip blurry ones and duplicates—all without lifting a finger. Plus, new photos will show up automatically on your TV.