Synology® Inc. announce the release of the DS716+ and the Synology Router RT1900ac. The DS716+ is an encryption-oriented, scalable, 2-bay NAS server powered by a quad-core CPU and Btrfs file system. DS716+ is aimed at SMB in need of a reliable, high-efficient storage and application server. The RT1900ac, a high-speed wireless router featuring robust connectivity for homes and offices, advanced networking tools, rich add-on software packages, as well as a user-friendly software experience
As the successors of DS713+, DS716+ comes with:
- An all-new Intel Celeron N3150 quad-core CPU, AES-NI hardware encryption engine and 2GB RAM
- Excellent data transfer performance at over 223 MB/s reading and 137 MB/s writing.
- When connected with Expansion Unit DX513, DS716+ supports up to 7 HDDs and 56TB of total raw storage capacity.
- For better data safety, DS716+ newly supports Btrfs, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern businesses.
- DS716+ is also capable of real-time H.264 4K Ultra HD video transcoding, providing more complete support to the latest multimedia file formats.
- DS716+ is backed with Synology’s 3-year limited warranty.
“DS716+ packs a lot of power while remaining extremely compact and we believe it’s an ideal product for demanding professional users whether they need a wide array of applications or a file server able to handle multiple simultaneous requests, even within an encrypted environment”, said Chad Chiang, product manager at Synology Inc.
Coming with 2GB of RAM, two Gigabit LAN ports, and a quad-core 1.6GHz CPU, able to clock up to 2.08GHz and AES-NI encryption support, DS716+ delivers spectacular performance with encrypted files, with transfer speed up to 223Mb/s reading and 137Mb/s writing. In addition, it allows enthusiast users to perform on the fly H.264 4K to 1080p video transcoding.
Designed with effortless hard drive installation and a focus on system reliability, DS716+ comes with tool-less drive bay design, hot-swappable support, and dual Gigabit LAN ports with failover support to ensure continual service. Moreover, it features three USB 3.0 ports for higher data transmission and one eSATA port as an extensive external backup option.
Synology’s first ever router – Synology Router RT1900ac features:
- Blazing fast network speed of up to 1900Mbps and Beamforming support.
- Advanced networking tools such as Application Layer QoS and DNS-Based parental control to enable users to monitor and fine-tune the flow of data in the network.
- Synology Router Manager (SRM), which allows users to fine-tune their network settings with simple clicks.
- A dedicated mobile app – DS router, allowing Android or iOS device to quickly manage settings and monitor your network traffic in real-time from the palm of your hand.
- RT1900ac is backed with Synology’s 2-year limited warranty.
With a rich selection of add-on software packages available on Synology’s Package Center, users can download packages and transform Synology Router RT1900ac into a VPN server, RADIUS authentication server, DNS server, 24/7 download hub, and Media Server for their homes or offices.
The desktop-like interface provides a fluid and intuitive way for users to manage network and wireless settings. Plus, the beautifully designed DS router app for Android and iOS devices makes it possible to monitor and change settings on Synology Router RT1900ac from anywhere.
“Router is a critical element for any modern network, and yet it remains often complicated to use. By leveraging our expertise in network-attached storage and maximizing user experience, Synology aims at providing a pleasant, efficient and advanced solution to enthusiastic and professional users,” said Derren Lu, CEO of Synology Inc.
In addition to the standard four Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports, Synology Router RT1900ac is equipped with three adjustable long-range antennas and the latest 802.11ac wireless technology, allowing for combined transfer speeds up to 1900 Mbps. Synology Router RT1900ac also comes with a dual-core 1.0 GHz processor for smooth performance, even when multiple clients are connected. USB 3.0 port and SD (SDXC) slot can be used to attach external storage devices, allowing users to connect and share digital content with others, transforming Synology Router RT1900ac into a NAS. Support for 3G/4G USB modems lets users in regions with less available wired network infrastructure creates a fully-featured wireless hotspot.