If you’re heading to FutureScope 2018 today in the Convention Centre, there’s a lot on offer. We looked through the extensive programme, which spans four stages and nine breakout sessions, to identify our six must-see segments. If you don’t have a ticket yet, you can still get one now but you need to be quick!
– From the Insights Stage, we are looking forward to a keynote from Barry O’Sullivan, Irish and EU authority on artificial intelligence, data analytics, AI and data ethics, as well as being an entertaining and insightful speaker. As self-programming machines become more of a reality, Barry will examine the question of ethics and programming intelligence with a focus on humanity.
– With ‘knowing where’ an increasingly vital requirement in all walks of life, we’re planning on catching Esri, the biggest GIS company and the third largest privately-owned technology company in the world on the FutureScope Collaboration Stage about what’s behind the most powerful mapping and analytics software in the world.
– As our lives becoming increasingly connected, how can we protect our homes, families and businesses from the dark side of the web? We’re expecting a very informed discussion between Irish Times’ journalist, Karlin Lillington, Brian Honan, advisor to Europol and Damon Rands of Wolfberry CS on the Innovation Stage. The focus of the Innovation Stage is to look at the applications of emerging technologies, such as AR/VR, artificial intelligence, big data and IoT and how they are used in real cases.
– We’ll be in the audience of the Entrepreneurship Stage at 3pm to watch four innovative start-ups compete for the FutureScope One2Watch 2018 title which was won last year by ProVerum. The four short-listed companies, Bespoke Choice, BuyMedia, CroiValve and Electrical Analytics, will battle it out to impress a panel of judges comprising, Joe Healy, Enterprise Ireland; Alison Cowzer, Dragons’ Den; PJ Dwyer, HBAN; Mary McSweeney, Local Enterprise Office and Alan Merriman, Elkstone Venture Capital.
– Choosing one from the eight breakout sessions is tough but we are excited to see how Nb-IoT is powering the next wave of connectivity with host Martin Bell, IoT Technologist with Vodafone. This is a hands-on workshop and not to be missed if you’re interested in the how the internet of things can power your business.
– Last but by no means least we will be popping in and out of the all-day Creativity meet Technology track and the AR/VR demo area. Expect a queue for LA-based Rob Hudnut, former vice-president at Mattel’s Entertainment Division, who will share his knowledge on building global brands and world-class IP.
With over 100 speakers and panellists, we can’t mention them all but look out for the European Space Agency’s keynote and breakout session on the space industry’s lucrative commercial opportunities for tech firms, Channelle McCoy from Channelle Medical on her continuing entrepreneurial journey and for any of you hoping to get advice on fundraising to scale your start-up, don’t miss the investor panel at 4.20pm on the Entrepreneurship Stage.
For more information on the FutureScope programme, see http://www.futurescope.ie/2018-programme/
See you there!