When and where is it on?
Running Remote 2018 is happening on June 23rd and 24th, 2018 in Bali, Indonesia.
How many years has it been going?
This is the first year of the conference, going to happen every year.
What was the inspiration to start it?
Running Remote was founded by Time Doctor, a remote team of 85 in 27 countries and Hubud – voted Forbes’s N1 coworking space. We’ve seen an evolution in work over the last few years: Remote work was once a nice corporate “perk”. Now it’s a mandatory requirement. Still most employers find it difficult to hire and manage remote employees. The idea behind Running Remote is to provide aplatform to explore every aspect of going remote and heading towards the future of work.
What exciting things can people look forward to?
Running Remote is the world’s first conference for CEOs, Founders, and Project Managers of distributed companies. Learn to build and scale remote teams while hanging out in a massive bamboo treehouse village in Bali
What opportunities are on offer for those attending?
The conference will feature a powerhouse lineup of speakers from companies that are remote at their core like TransferWise, Buffer, Atlassian, Github, Gitlab, Dribbble, Flexjobs / Remote.co, Doist, Time Doctor and many more. This is an unique chance to learn from them and also network with other amazing CEOs who run remote companies.
Who will be speaking?
- Joel Gascoigne (CEO & Founder, Buffer)
- Amir Salihefendic (CEO & Founder, Doist)
- Sara Sutton Fell (Founder, Flexjobs & Remote.co)
- Dominic Price (Head of R&D and Work Futurist, Atlassian)
- Dmitriy Zaporozhets (Co-founder & CTO, Gitlab)
- Lara Owen (Director, Global Workplace Operations, GitHub)
- Liam Martin (Co-founder, Time Doctor)
- Sarah Kuehnle (Head of product, Dribbble)
- Sean Hodges (Lead Developer, TransferWise)
- Justin Cooke (CMO, Empire Flippers)
- Andrea Loubier (CEO, Mailbird)
- Steve Munroe (CEO, HUBUD)
- Eiji Han Shimizu (Mindfulness Coach, Ted Resident)
- Omar Zenhom (CEO, WenibarNinja)
- Stuart Jones ( Founder, Coworkation)
What tips would you give to people attending to get the most out of it?
Learn about building and scaling a remote business. Network with experts to build long-term relationships. Explore and enjoy scenic Bali and its culture. Partner/ sponsor the event to promote your business.
How can people book tickets / when does it usually sell out?
Tickets can be booked from the conference website at https://runningremote.com/buy-
Anything else you’d like to add / we should have asked?
Other players involved –
The event is being sponsored by group of companies whose workforce entirely or substantially consists of remote employees. They are Transferwise, Time Doctor, Empire Flippers, Balsamiq, DI Designs Studio, Crunchbase, WebinarNinja, GoGoPlaces, Transformify, Intellyo, Livit, Remote Work Hub and Unicorns in Tech.