Interview with Tomas Tuleja, Marketing Manager at 0100 Conferences
When and where is it on?
The 0100 Conference Dublin take place at the Hotel Hilton, Charlemont Place in Dublin on 11th & 12th April 2018. All Irish Tech News subscribers get 10% discount with the promo code DUB10ITN
How many years has it been going?
Since we are a new generation conference company this is the 2nd annual run of our conference. We launched the 0100 Conference Dublin in cooperation with the Irish Venture Capital Association (IVCA) in May 2017.
What was the inspiration to start it?
We see great potential in these ‘unexpected places’ (cities where we organise our conferences) to become Private Equity & Venture Capital (PE&VC) hotspots.
What exciting things can people look forward to?
We specialise in organising conferences for the PE & VC ecosystem in different regions with our main focus on investors- Limited Partners (LPs) & General Partners (GPs), as well as Service Providers such as law firms, fund administrators, advisories, etc. people can look forward to connecting with an international group of high profile decision makers from the PE & VC space.
What opportunities are on offer for those attending?
Our conference offers those in the PE & VC space, the opportunity to meet investors and top performing funds in a networking-friendly environment and the platform to learn and share knowledge about latest trends in the industry. Additionally, the conference can help open doors to other markets as we are gathering investors from more than 20 countries.
Who will be speaking?
1st day of the conference is exclusively for LPs and 2nd day is the LP-GP summit. Our conference will have 70 speakers who are leading LPs and GPs in the industry. Stellar speakers confirmed include:
- Simon Moss, Partner & Head of EMEA @ Hermes GPE
- Mattias de Beau, Managing Director @ StepStone
- Theodore Economou, Chief Investment Officer, Head of Multi-Asset Group @ Lombard Odier Investment Managers
- Fergal McAleavey, Head of Private Equity @ Ireland Strategic Investment Fund
- James Wise, Partner @ Balderton Capital
- Christian Claussen, General Partner @ Ventech
- Samantha Jérusalmy, Partner @ Elaia Partners
- Ross Ahlgren, General Partner @ Kreos Capital
- Cian Cotter, Managing Director @ Insight Venture Partners
- Kevin Johnson, General Partner @ Medicxi
- John Doran, General Partner @ TCV
- Jon Coker, Managing Partner @ MMC Ventures
- Alex van Someren, Managing Partner @ Amadeus Capital Partners
- Christophe de Dardel, Head of Private Equity @ Unigestion
- Arnaud Lipkowicz, Managing Director @ GCM Grosvenor
- Anthony Dalwood, Chair of Investment Panel @ London Pension Fund Authority (LPFA)
- Kim Schneider, Member of the Investment Committee @ Nord Holding
- David Barbour, Managing Partner @ FPE Capital
- David Boat, Managing Director & Head of EMEA @ Siguler Guff
- Mark Corbidge, Partner @ TPG Capital
- Martin Hauge, General Partner @ Haflo
- Sami Moughrabie, Managing Partner @ Technologies Capital
- Christian Nagel, Co-Founder & Partner @ Earlybird
- Michael Sonnenshein, Director, Sales & Business Development @ Grayscale
- Karlheinz Schmelig, Managing Partner @ Creathor Venture
- Uli Grabenwarter, Deputy Director- Equity Investments @ EIF
See our line-up of speakers here http://www.0100conferences.com/12-apr-2018-dublin-2018.html
What tips would you give to people attending to get the most out of it?
People attending our conferences should be prepared for networking and gaining potential clients or business deals.
How can people book tickets / when does it usually sell out?
People can book tickets directly on our website– In case they have any questions they can contact our Conference Director, Sheetal Philip on [email protected]. We have 25 tickets available now on an Early Bird offer ending on Feb 16th, so in case you are interested to be at our conference, be sure to not miss out on that!
Anything else you’d like to add?
We would like to add short video from the 1st Dublin conference, where you can see how does the conference look like and how speakers/ moderators evaluated it.
Prepared and edited by @EdinaZejnilovic, Journalism Student at DCU.