Travel industry research authority Phocuswright announces the launch of Phocuswright India, an Asian counterpart to its preeminent United States- and Europe-based conferences. The two-day event, held 21 – 22 April 2016, takes place at The Leela Ambience Gurgaon Hotel & Residences in Gurgaon, India and features travel innovators, executive keynotes, panel discussions and debates, as well as exhibition and networking opportunities.
Building on the success of its U.S.-based conference, which gathered 1,600+ attendees in 2014, and its European-based conference, Phocuswright India brings together travel leaders to network, learn and build strategic partnerships with the industry’s most influential leaders, innovators and visionary thinkers.
“We’re thrilled to launch Phocuswright’s newest event dedicated to one of travel’s most interesting and fastest growing regions,” says Phocuswright’s managing director, Tony D’Astolfo.
“Phocuswright has been covering the Asia Pacific travel landscape with its research for many years, and with so many market-changing developments transforming the region, the time is right for this event. For travel companies operating in Asia, or trying to break into the region, Phocuswright India will be an important source of knowledge, insights and connections.”
“Asia Pacific has always been an exciting regional travel market, but never more so than today,” says Chetan Kapoor, Phocuswright’s research analyst, Asia Pacific. “From IPOs, acquisitions and innovation, to mobile leapfrogging desktop and a rising younger population, APAC remains at the center of travel companies’ growth strategy.”
The theme of the inaugural Phocuswright India, The Asian Mojo: Millennials, Mobile, Money, Mania, encapsulates the key driving forces defining the Asian travel market. Five tenets uphold this theme:
- Same, but different: From an outsider’s perspective, the Asia Pacific region appears similar, but is in actuality a diverse region with many niche markets and characteristics.
- The be-all and perhaps end-all: Mobile devices will dominate how billions access online services. With soaring Internet penetration, mobile shopping and booking is set to outshine other channels.
- Blurring here, there, everywhere: From mobile messaging to mobile shopping. Offline to online, online to offline. OTAs and metasearch overlap. Consolidation and acquisitions become the name of the game.
- From copycats to trendsetters: Alibaba, Ctrip, Didi Kuaide, Flipkart, Ola, Qunar, Xiaomi. Need we say more?
- I, me, myself: Self-service is the mantra. Consumers – especially millennials – are taking control of the process and charting their own course … but first, let me take a selfie.
Companies interested in attending Phocuswright India, can learn more and register here: