“It’s a new, world-first recruitment platform, designed and developed in Ireland that will help to solve one of the biggest issues facing Irish and international business – namely, how to find and hire much in demand software talent. Supported by Enterprise Ireland, It tracks the digital footprint of 8.6m developers world-wide making them searchable by skills, location and reputation. The service is particularly focused on scaling tech firms such as Growth Phase Funded Start-Ups which typically spend 80% of their income on software development and can need to grow from 10 to 200 developers in a short while.
And in an era where managing and developing your own career has never been more important MyTalengi (www.mytalengi.com) plans to offer software developers personal brand and career management services, building a real-time profile that reflects their skills and achievements, providing a showcase for their talent based on their actual Digital Footprint.“ That’s according to Stephen Walsh, the tech entrepreneur behind the new brand, officially launched today and which already counts NewsWhip, the media analytics company, BriteBill, Hoolux Medical, Keeper Solutions and Taxamo as clients.
Stephen Walsh Pic Paul Sharp/SHARPPIX
Global in scale and appeal, the nearest European markets in which MyTalengi expects to gain immediate traction are Ireland, UK and the United States in addition to the so called “hiring hinterland” of Spain, Portugal, Poland, Italy, Croatia, Romania, Bulgaria and the Baltics.
While MyTalengi will compete with other recruitment sources such as Linked In, there are several major differences that make the new brand a standout:
- Unlike LinkedIn and others, it is not generalist, instead focusing exclusively on the software developer community. This means that recruiters and businesses using MyTalengi can search, find and access software development talent in complex technical environments such as GitHub and StackExchange.
- By its nature, MyTalengi.com will constantly evolve, adding new elements to its customer offering. Already analyzing more than 1 million pieces of data relating to developers each month, plans are already in place to further enrich digital footprint data with the addition of activity on Twitter, Reddit, Google + and other platforms favoured by Software Developers.
More / MyTalengi outperforms Linked In…..
- Specially devised “Engage” features will allow businesses to quickly identify and approach the right software developers for their growth plans.
- MyTalengi has developed the unique MyTal Score – this is a live score (1-100) for software developers which reflects their Digital Footprint. The score is constantly updated based on the activity and peer recognition of each developer with the open stack and social domains.
- Validation trials by 10 leading firms in addition to extensive product trials conducted to date have shown that MyTalengi our performs Linked In by:
- Reducing time to contact candidate by 85%
- Improving candidate response rates by 72%
- Reducing technical assessment effort of candidates by 45%
- Improving offer acceptance rate by 39%
- With a talent pool of 8.6m developers in its cloud, 800,000 of which are searchable by skills, location and name including 600,000 users with matching email IDs, MyTalengi is the single biggest access point for software developers in the world
- An annual subscription to MyTalengi costs a very competitively priced €2,500 + vat
Software Developers Personal Brand and Career Management
Many industry commentators are predicting that 2016 will be the year of the Personal Brand. Uniquely, MyTalengi is offering software developers personal brand & career management features that provide an unprecedented level of career control. It will enable developers to:
- See their entire digital footprint
- Ensure that it is optimized for their career objectives
- Set rules regarding what constitutes a relevant job offer
- Provide ‘managed access’ by recruiters
- Throttling volume of offers as required.
The annual subscription to this service is €38 + VAT. Stephen Walsh added: “With an unquenchable demand for software developers from EU and US business we believe that MyTalengi will become firmly embedded as a major “Go To” source for this type of talent both locally and internationally.
And in an era when talent needs to be aware of the power and influence of their own personal brand in the recruitment and selection process, we believe that our career management features will prove very popular with users.”