Mastercard today announces that it has opened the application process for its Start Path intake for winter. Mastercard’s startup engagement programme Start Path Global works with startups to drive new businesses forward, help scale their businesses and increase profitability.
Start Path is an integral part of Mastercard’s broader startup engagement effort that is focused on partnering with the best startups to collaborate and create new experiences for its customers, business partners, and the broader financial industry.
Start Path was established in 2014 as a way for Mastercard to work directly with global startups building innovative solutions covering everything from blockchain to artificial intelligence and chatbots. Since then, Start Path has worked with over 90 companies across 24 countries. Mastercard is currently running active pilots with or has directly invested in nearly 20 percent of the companies.
“In 2014 we wanted to look beyond Mastercard and support innovation that was being developed by new and upcoming, early-stage companies” said Stephane Wyper, Global Lead Mastercard Start Path “We believe every startup is unique and that there isn’t a one-size-fits-all approach to working together. We have put in place different mechanisms including pilots with Mastercard business lines, access to our APIs, and connectivity to our customer base and partner networks.”
Start Path has seen success in the UK and Ireland and is intensifying its search here as a testament to its vibrant startup community. The objective of the programme is stay close to local innovations and to drive success for the early-stage companies that are working on next-generation commerce technologies. The six-month, virtual programme will help startups from the region tackle business problems and introduce them to new opportunities around the globe.
Start Path is working with ClubApp, an Irish startup that provides sports clubs in UK with a platform to share live updates from matches while generating match statistics, has integrated Qkr! with Masterpass technology to enable its members to pay clubs fees and buy club merchandise via the app.
Each quarter, Mastercard Start Path recruits a new class of startups to embark on the six-month virtual programme. The programme is currently accepting applications for its next class. The application window to join the next class is open until October 11, 2016.
To apply, visit: www.startpath.com. The programme is open to all non-US based startups.
How to Apply to Start Path Global:
1. Submit your application at https://www.f6s.com/mastercardstartpathwinter2016/ by 5pm GMT on Thursday, October 11, 2016.
2. Receive email confirmation of your application from the Start Path team.
– For some companies, the Start Path team will contact you for a call to further discuss your application.
3. The Start Path team will invite 12 companies to a Pitch Day in Miami on November 30, 2016 and December 1, 2016.
– The Pitch Day is an opportunity not only to pitch for selection into the program, but also to meet with big-brand partners of the program.
4. Between 5 and 7 companies will be provided with an offer to join the programme.
5. The program will kick off with an immersion week in January 2017.
6. Three information sessions will be held to walk interested groups through the application process:
-Twitter Chat on Friday September 30th, 9.30am SGT (GMT+8) –follow @MAStartPath & #StartPathGlobal for a Twitter Q&A and chat with existing startups on the programme
-Webinars on Thursday October 6th at 8.30 am GMT and 4.30 pm GMT
To register, please click here: www.startpathglobal.youcanbook.me