An esteemed judging panel of technology figureheads and entrepreneurs, including Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak and Virgin founder Sir Richard Branson, have chosen Irish tech startup MyDealDoc as a European finalist in this year’s Talent Unleashed Awards.
Now in its fifth year, Talent Unleashed is a prestigious awards programme that recognises outstanding startups and inspiring entrepreneurs dedicated to transforming business and the wider community through technological innovation.
MyDealDoc is a multi-award winning company with 2 mobile Apps currently live in the Irish market that save consumers up to 70% on grocery items. The BabyDoc and TippleDoc Apps have been downloaded over 75,000 times.
MyDealDoc is one of just three European finalists in the Best Start Up – Tech Innovation category.
The finalists have been selected by an international judging panel, including:
– Steve Wozniak (Co-Founder, Apple)
– Sir Richard Branson (Founder, Virgin)
– Jane Tewson (Founder, Comic Relief)
– Gerard Grech (CEO, Tech City)
– Rebecca Burn-Callander (Enterprise Editor, The Telegraph)
– Stephen Foreshew-Cain (Executive Director, Government Digital Service)
– Nicola Mendelsohn (VP Europe, Facebook)
– Mayank Prakash (Director General of Technology, DWP)
– Jonathan Vardon (Chief Information Officer, CCD at Provident Financial)
The European Regional Finals will be held on Thursday 21st July in London, where the winners will be announced. The European winners will then compete against regional winners from across Asia-Pacific at the global finals in Sydney, where Steve Wozniak will be present to provide direct feedback. The grand prize winners in each category will win one-on-one time with Steve Wozniak and a tour of Silicon Valley’s leading tech companies.
David Keenaghan and Mike Morrissey, founders of MyDealDoc had this to say: “We’re obviously thrilled to make it the European finals. We’ve been making a lot of waves in the Irish market and given the knowledge base on the judging panel it’s such a boost to get this recognition. We’re focused on UK expansion so this is a welcome stepping stone!”
To see the full list of finalists, click here.