HTC took to the stage earlier and, as expected, announced 2 new Windows Phone 8 devices, the “8S” and the “8X”. The 8S is aimed at a more budget market but the 8X has the Lumia 920 firmly in it’s sights.
This is HTC’s second bite at Windows Phone after pretty unsuccessful forays with the likes of the HD7, though it is not surprising to see them and other manufacturers renew their efforts as the OS matures and they try to diversify their portfolio away from being solely Android based.
The 8X will come with a 341ppi, 1280 x 720, 4.3″ screen making it one of the clearest available. Other notable specs include:
- CPU: Qualcomm S4 1.5 GHz dual-core
- Network: GSM/ GPRS/ EDGE/ CDMA/ HSPA/ WCDMA/ LTE
- Memory: 16 GB, RAM 1 GB
- Wireless: Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, 2.4 & 5 GHz
- Ports: 3.5mm audio, microUSB
- Cameras: Front- 2.1 MP, f/2.0 aperture, ultra-wide angle, 1080p recording; Rear- 8 MP, f/2.0 aperture, 28mm lens
- Battery: 1,800 Ah
- Dimensions: 132.35 x 66.2 x 10.12mm, 130 grams; 5.21 x 2.6 x 0.39 inches, 4.58 ounces
- NFC capable, depending on operator
- Audio: Beats Audio