Research conducted by App analytics platform, Localytics, has shown that the time people spend in Apps has increased by 21% year on year. Based on data collected from 28,000 Apps across 1.5 Billion devices, the summary of the findings were as follows:
- Overall time in App has increased by 21%
- Users open an App on average 11.5 times a month, up from 9.4 a year ago (22% increase), while App session length has remained constant at 5.7 minutes
- Social Networking experiences strong “snacking” behavior
- Music has the greatest time in App increase of 79%
- Time in Health & Fitness (a key feature in the recently announced iPhone 6) and Social Networking Apps increased by 51% and 49% respectively
As you can see in the graphic below, social networking Apps experience the greatest amount of launches but conversely have some of the shortest session lengths. Music Apps continue to be used for the longest periods while Sports and News Apps, as you’d expect, are opened quite often.
You will find more statistics at Statista