Cloud Foundry Foundation today kicked off the sold-out Cloud Foundry Summit Europe in Frankfurt Germany, bringing together the world’s largest organizations to discuss new ways to leverage multi-cloud and IoT strategies to accelerate business growth and innovation.
More than 700 businesses, developers and vendors from across Europe will share best practices and hear senior executives from leading organizations like Allianz, Bosch, Fidelity, Siemens, Volkswagen, Rakuten and the Dutch Government describe how Cloud Foundry has helped them build and deploy robust, resilient and flexible cloud native applications across multiple cloud platforms.
“It is thrilling to see Cloud Foundry at the heart of IoT strategies from industry leaders such as Allianz, Bosch, and Volkswagen,” said Sam Ramji, CEO, Cloud Foundry Foundation. “Cloud Foundry’s architecture is perfectly suited for IoT development in a continuous delivery environment. Cloud Foundry Summit attendees will be able to see firsthand how others are leveraging multi-cloud models to deliver apps faster than ever before.”
Participants are also getting a first look at news announced by Cloud Foundry members at Summit including:
– SAP has opened the first Dojo in Germany in Walldorf
– Stark and Wayne has opened a new European office and hired software and Cloud Foundry veteran, Ferran Rodenas
– Iron.io now supports Diego for workloads on Cloud Foundry – bringing a multi-cloud, serverless experience to enterprises.
“As a platinum member of the Cloud Foundry Foundation, we are excited about the opening of our new Dojo lab at the SAP headquarters in Walldorf, which marks another important milestone in our ongoing work with the community,” said Björn Goerke, executive vice president and corporate officer, SAP Product & Innovation Technology, SAP SE. “The Dojo lab is the first to open in Germany and will help provide an innovative development center for the Cloud Foundry community in Europe. Additionally, the certification of the SAP HANA Cloud Platform shows our ongoing commitment to delivering an open public cloud platform for customers and partners to run their business in the cloud.”
The Summit comes amid significant progress in the project and strong community growth, including:
– Five new members joined the Foundation including Bosch, Acetti Software, Comcast, Hexad, and QIO.
– Cloud Foundry Foundation launched Cloud Foundry Days, summit-style educational events hosted by EMC, GE, HPE, TIBCO and Fujitsu across the Asia-Pacific region in Sydney, Melbourne, Shanghai, Beijing, Singapore, Hong Kong and Tokyo
– Cloud Foundry Foundation introduced Special Interest Groups (SIGs), small groups focused on core initiatives around the Internet of Things, financial services and service providers.
– Cloud Foundry Foundation released training and education material, developed and donated by Pivotal®, under the Apache open source licensing model, giving anyone the ability to use the materials to become more proficient on Cloud Foundry.
Cloud Foundry is collectively developed by Cisco, EMC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Pivotal, SAP, VMware and leaders in manufacturing, telecommunications and financial services. Only Cloud Foundry delivers the velocity needed to continuously deliver apps at the speed of business. Cloud Foundry’s container-based architecture runs apps in any language on your choice of cloud – Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Platform (GCP), OpenStack, VMware vSphere, SoftLayer and more.
Cloud Foundry Foundation membership has grown to more than 60 vendor and end user organizations worldwide. Check out this video on how organizations are managing multi-cloud environments using #CloudFoundry: