Acudeen Technologies, one of the most successful startups in recent memory from the Philippines was founded in 2016. It has since then won multiple international competitions such as Tech In Asia Arena, Seedstars Global, AnchorUp Taiwan and has been featured on notable platforms like Forbes, Entrepreneur PH, BusinessMirror Online and DealStreetAsia.
In 2018, Acudeen announced its $35 Million Dollar Public Token Sale based on the Stellar Platform and the IBM Hyperledger Fabric, enabling small to medium sized business owners to liquidate their movable assets ahead of their maturity date and provide a higher level of security to users of the platform through a specialized permissioned blockchain in an ecosystem called the AssetChain Platform.
Future City Summit
Future City Summit is an international curation and exhibition of top notch talents and young leaders who pledge to enter the smart grid of future, to build smarter and better cities based in Hong Kong.
The curation includes leading undergraduates in The University of Hong Kong and other top universities in South and Southeast Asia such as De La Salle University and Tokyo University, with the initial support of Global Partnership Seed Fund from The University of Hong Kong. Future City Summit envisions a stream of collaboration and vibrant exchange of talents and ideas with actions through the curation annually. It was founded in 2016 and has since then grown to a network of over 400 delegates, 300+ local and international partners and an exciting new Venture Builder Platform for startups wanting to enter China and Hong Kong.
Future City Summit is proud to announce that it has partnered with Acudeen Technologies to provide opportunities for five (5) outstanding individuals who will be able to participate as delegates free of charge for the upcoming summit from August 3–8, 2018 in 3 major cities: Hong Kong, Guangzhou and Foshan.
Furthermore, the Blockchain Scholarship differs from Future City Summit’s standard scholarship, as individuals awarded with the sponsorship will also have a distinct opportunity to work as part of the team that will be developing Acudeen’s AssetChain Ecosystem.
How to apply?
The selection process for these scholars will be on a holistic, case-to-case basis. Each applicant is evaluated based on the criteria stated above and in compliance with the standards of Future City Summit. Furthermore, the scholarship only covers the conference fee, accommodations, food and transportation during the summit amounting to a total of $500 USD. Flights will not be included in the coverage.
If you are interested in applying, send the following:
- A scanned valid passport for international travel
- Complete requirements to acquire a China tourist visa (We will provide assistance if needed)
- A link to your project/portfolio involving Blockchain Technology
- An essay of your thoughts on Blockchain, its various use cases and how it will create an impact in the world we live in today. Also, why you think you deserve the scholarship and specifically how you can assist Acudeen in achieving its vision of Global Financial Inclusion (400 words minimum, in .doc or .docx format)
- The deadline for submissions is on May 17, 2:00 PM HK time (GMT+8:00). You may submit your applications with the requirements mentioned to [email protected] It will be jointly evaluated by both the FCS and Acudeen Technologies teams and you will receive a notification no later than May 20, 2018.
If you would like to have your company featured in the Irish Tech News Business Showcase, get in contact with us at [email protected] or on Twitter: @SimonCocking