FutureScope, Ireland’s number one innovation event and only conference dedicated to exploring new business opportunities arising from emerging technologies, today revealed the identity of the finalists that will compete in the pitch battle to be crowned the FutureScope One2Watch 2019.
The competition seeks to find Ireland’s most scalable business idea and award the winning company with a prize worth €10k, including a platform to support its growth. The five finalists will pitch against each other on stage at FutureScope on Thursday 28th March at the Convention Centre Dublin.
2019’s One2Watch finalists are:
– Change Donations: Change Donations is a micro-donation platform connecting everyday philanthropists with good causes. Donors link their debit cards and automatically begin to round up their purchases to the nearest euro, donating to their selected charities.
– CitySwifter: CitySwifter combines operational bus data, such as historical ticket sales and bus GPS traces, with a vast array of other big data sources to create rich datasets for predictive modelling and constraint programming.
– Unitek AI: Unitek provides a B2B SaaS platform that can extract data from scanned images of structured and semi-structured forms including those with handwriting and automate the data entry into any system to 99.9% accuracy using Artificial Intelligence enabling cost savings of up to 80% and quality improvements of between 70 and 90%.
– Output Sports: Output Sports use state-of-the-art machine learning to shrink lab-grade athlete performance analytics in to a wearable system. This allows coaches to truly understand athletes and optimize performance with unprecedented portability and efficiency.
– Tympany Medical: Tympany Medical’s Oto-Endoscope aims to be an international gold-standard device for ear surgery. Improving outcomes, reducing unnecessary mastoidectomies, and minimising the requirement for extensive clinician retraining.
The company that can best demonstrate the market need and scalability of their idea to a panel of judges and a live audience at FutureScope will be crowned the One2Watch 2019 winner.
This year’s judging panel will include Teri Smith, manager of HPSU; Enterprise Ireland; Mary McSweeney, Local Enterprise Office; Orlaith O’Brien, OBH Partners; Richard Watson, Dublin BIC Venture Funding and Drew O’Sullivan, European Angel Fund.
FutureScope One2Watch is organised by Dublin BIC and supported by Dublin law firm, OBH Partners. The prize includes €2.5k in cash, a place on the Dublin BIC Investor Ready Programme, office space at [email protected] including full GEC member benefits as well as expert legal consultancy from OBH Partners.
One2Watch has been proven as an effective platform for growth with finalists from the last two years raising a combined total of €6.2 million since getting to the final of the competition at FutureScope.
Michael Culligan, CEO, Dublin BIC said: “The quality of the applications received this year is unprecedented and prompted us to nominate five rather than the usual four finalists. We’re seeing real evidence that early-stage start-ups are employing disruptive technologies, such as artificial intelligence, to create innovations that are transforming industries and business models”.
Heidi Corr, one of the team of consultants reviewing the 80+ applications commented: “It was very apparent from this year’s applications that start-ups today are on a totally different level. A huge number of applicants had a very strong marketplace differentiation and a compelling value proposition from the customers perspective. The result was that the top 40 per cent of the applications fought very hard for those extra few points which helped them secure a place on the FutureScope stage. A number of factors came into our final decision, including timing, understanding of the market need and of course the potential to scale and achieve profit.”
Tickets for the event are available from this link: http://bit.ly/2IGpa6u