This Thursday, 8th June, three of Ireland’s most promising RegTech companies will go head-to-head against Serbia’s finest, as part of the latest FintechBridge event taking place at the Innovation Academy, Trinity College Dublin, 3 Foster Place, Dublin 2
Sponsored by financial services compliance experts fscom, the Fintech Ireland event will see each of the high potential start-ups present their Fintech solution for five minutes. After that it’s up to the public to vote for the company they like the most.
However, the event is about much more than that. The brain child of Peter Oakes, founder of Fintech Ireland, it aims to develop stronger relationships between Fintech communities across the globe, while providing attendees with a unique opportunity to expand their network internationally.
Peter Oakes, Founder of Fintech Ireland, comments; “RegTech is a hot word in FinTech scenes. The pressure on financial services institutions to meet their regulatory obligations, necessitates technology solutions that support compliance processes, cut costs and add genuine value. This event is about highlighting the best of those businesses from two European Fintech powerhouses.”
Jamie Cooke, CEO of fscom adds, “The fines handed out by European regulatory bodies are a clear statement of their intent to publicly penalise any financial services company that falls short of its regulatory responsibilities. As specialists in FinTech compliance, we’re delighted to sponsor this event, which showcases how technology can be used to ease the administrative burden of compliance.”
Click HERE to register for the free event.
When: Thursday, 8th June 2017 – 17:30 Dublin / 18:30 Belgrade
Where: The Innovation Academy, Trinity College Dublin, 3 Foster Place, Dublin 2 [ map ]
Agenda: This time the event will be held in Dublin (Ireland), Belgrade (Serbia) connected by videolink and streamed live on Periscope!
- 17:30 Introduction & Networking
- 18:00 Overview of each Country, plus special guest speakers Peter Cowap and Leona O’Brien from Ireland’s Governance Risk and Compliance Technology Centre (GRCTC)
- 18:45 #FintechBattle – Fintech Startup Showcase (Twitter @FintechBattle)
- 19:30 Voting
- 19:45 #FintechBattle Results
- 19:55 Notices & Upcoming Events
- 20:00 End
- Dave Anderson is a collaborator at FintechIreland and Head of Consulting at Ammeon, where he helps companies accelerate their product delivery cycles. Dave has two decades of experience in engineering and management roles in telecoms and financial services, is a founder of a number of companies, and holds a BSc (hons) in Software Engineering and a Postgraduate Diploma in Product Management.
- Leona O’Brien of GRCTC. Leona is a Senior Legal Researcher, with a Masters in Law from UCC, and has been in the GRCTC since its inception in 2012.
- Peter G Cowap is currently the Director of the Technology Centre for Financial Services – Governance, Risk and Compliance (‘GRCTC’), where the EI-IDA funded Centre contributes to enhancing global standards and Ireland’s value proposition in the FinTech/RegTech/RiskTech space. Peter holds an LL.B (hons) in law (Leeds) and an MBA (Management) from the City University (now CASS) Business School, London and has accumulated extensive international experience in the corporate governance and regulatory domain, having held senior positions in a number of banks and corporations including; HSBC, Credit Suisse First Boston, Nomura and more recently the AIB Group, where he was Head of Financial Crime.
- Dragan Milovanovic is cofounder and CTO of Circle.Money, innovative regional startup from Croatia/Serbia. He is in charge for development and strategic issues of company. Very active in Fintech world, founder of Fintech Serbia trying to promote Fintech in the region and to help others starting their companies. Dragan has 15+ years of experience in software development working on all positions, from developer to team leader and project manager. He worked for biggest regional software companies such as Asseco and Comtrade, mainly working on enterprise financial services and government products. In 2016 started he’s own company Archybility which is specialized in developing financial services applications and fintech products for aspiring startups.
What is FintechBridge?
FintechBridge is about connecting Fintech communities across Europe. Use our simple networking system to publish your details and to view other attendees, and then it’s up to you to make the connection. You’ll receive a link when you register for this event. Find out more at FintechBridge.eu
What is FintechBattle?
FiintechBattle is a showcase for upcoming Fintech companies. It’s a five minute pitch, to audiences across Europe. No pressure! You can get involved by voting for your favourite pitch by tweeting. Sounds complicated? Don’t worry, all will be explained! Find out more at FintechBattle.eu
For more information contact Alan Duncan on 00447715656295 or email [email protected]