Dell Launches ProSupport Plus for PCs and Tablets, the Industry’s First Proactive and Predictive Automated Support Solution
Dell today announced it has extended its flagship ProSupport Plus support service to PC’s and tablets. Through SupportAssist technology Dell is the first and only company in the industry to offer proactive and predictive automated support for issue prevention and resolution for end-user systems. The complete support solution is designed to provide maximum support with minimal customer effort.
ProSupport Plus for PC’s and Tablets is the only complete support service combining priority access to expert support, accidental damage repair and proactive predictive monitoring for automatic issue prevention and resolution.
- Dell is the first to offer proactive and predictive support on PCs and tablets enabled by Dell’s SupportAssist technology.
- With the solution customers spend up to 84 percent less time on technical support calls and take up to 58 percent fewer steps to resolve common hardware issues than key competitors.
- ProSupport Plus for PCs and Tablets is available to customers and channel partners in 66 countries and 19 languages.
“Our research shows that IT departments continue to spend approximately 80 percent of their time on routine operations and support, leaving only 20 percent for strategic projects that move their business forward,” said Rob Brothers, Program Director for Software and Hardware Support and Deploy Services, IDC. “Dell’s new ProSupport Plus offering leverages proactive monitoring and predictive analytics to keep businesses innovating. Dell is pushing the envelope when it comes to support, extending their proactive, automated technology from the data center to the end-user device.”
“Business leaders and IT managers have always been asked to do more with less, leaving them with an endless backlog of projects they need to tackle,” said Doug Schmitt, vice president and general manager of Global Support and Deployment at Dell. “By extending ProSupport Plus to PCs and Tablets we now offer proactive support for the data center and end-user devices so our customers can spend less time on support and more time on what matters most.”
ProSupport Plus for PCs and Tablets
Created to help Dell customers and channel partners deliver expected uptime with dramatically reduced effort in a world of constant budget pressure, ProSupport Plus for PCs and Tablets combines everything needed in a single offer that includes:
- In-region 24×7 priority access to ProSupport engineers with deep hardware and software expertise.
- Proactive and predictive automated support enabled by Dell’s SupportAssist monitoring technology.
- Self-service case management and parts dispatch via Dell’s TechDirect portal, mobile application or API.
- Workflow management for support cases that enables customer and partner technicians to deliver proactive and predictive support with Dell.
- Coverage for drops, spills and electrical surges to protect hardware investments.
- Hard drive retention after replacement to ensure data control.
- A dedicated Technical Account Manager who serves as a single point of accountability and provides monthly reporting for customers with 1,000 or more ProSupport Plus systems.
The newest addition to Dell’s highly rated support portfolio, ProSupport Plus is the most complete and first proactive support service for PCs and tablets. In 66 countries around the globe, it is now available for Dell Latitude, OptiPlex, Precision, Vostro, XPS, Venue and Chromebook products. For more information, visit here.