Dell’s focus on continued innovation in the mobility space is enhanced with two new professional-grade tablets that it will be making available in mid-November: the Venue 8 Pro 5000 Series and the Venue 10 Pro 5000 Series – both designed to further expand the capabilities offered for organisations in the field sales, healthcare, retail/hospitality, education and manufacturing spaces. Each deliver:
- Best-in-class security with the Dell Data Protection suite that encompasses comprehensive encryption, advanced authentication and leading-edge malware prevention.
- Speed, reliability and fanless design, built on Intel® AtomTM Quad Core processors.
- Advanced manageability through automated and streamlined system deployment, monitoring and updating, Dell Configuration Services and product lifecycle planning.
- Outstanding reliability with MIL-STD testing for real-life conditions, backed by the industry’s leading support and coverage with Dell ProSupport Plus.
- Unmatched Dell expertise as the Microsoft Partner of the Year, ranking No. 1 in Windows deployment; built on the foundation of Windows 10.
- Active pen featuring Wacom technology for a true writing experience with accuracy and natural feel.
- 2×2 Wi-Fi, LTE and optional NFC so workers can stay connected.
- USB Type-C docking so users only need one cable for power, data, video and a desktop experience
- Accessories and imaging for specialised verticals.
Venue 8 Pro 5000 Series Tablet
With a thin and light hand-held design, weighing in at under one pound, the Venue 8 Pro was created for companies that require specialised applications and on-the-go productivity. Some key Venue 8 Pro features include:
- Handheld design for use on-the-go
- 8-inch HD (1280×800) & FHD (1920×1200) touch display
- Optional NFC support for additional security
- USB TypeC docking (coming in 2016) so users only need one cable for power, data, video and a desktop experience
- 2×2 AC WLAN and optional WWAN
Venue 10 Pro 5000 Series Tablet
With an innovative 2-in-1 keyboard, the thin and light Venue 10 Pro is ideal for workers who need a balance between mobility and intensive productivity. The Venue 10 Pro offers:
- 2-in-1 keyboard that delivers an exceptional Continuum experience for a seamless transition between tablet and desktop modes
- 1-inch FHD (1920×1200) touch display
- High quality dual speakers and microphones for easy and reliable interaction with the Cortana personal virtual assistant
- Multiple ports, including USB Type C, USB Type A, microHDMI, headset jack, microSD card reader and noble lock slot (on tablet)
- 2×2 AC WLAN and optional WWAN and NFC
A Dell Venue 10 Pro 5000 Series (Model 5056, Somerset) tablet computer on its upright facing left, with a Dell Venue 8 Pro 5000 Series (Model 5855, Blackwell) tablet computer leaning up against it, facing right.
Dell’s vision for commercial mobility is rooted in its experience as the industry’s only end-to-end solutions provider and by working daily with its customers to clearly understand and meet their needs. The core of this vision revolves around five key areas of differentiation that set Dell apart from its competition in the enterprise mobility space:
- One-stop Solution – The addition of Surface Pro tablets to Dell’s portfolio merges the world’s No. 1 and No. 2 commercial tablet suppliers (source: IDC) under one roof. Dell now offers the world’s most comprehensive selection of Windows-based tablets and 2-in-1s providing customers with a single source for meeting their mobile hardware, deployment and support needs globally.
- Global Support – Dell ProSupport Plus for PCs and Tablets, enabled by our SupportAssist technology, is unmatched in the industry. In fact, its customers have made this the fastest growing service in Dell history. With the solution, they’re spending up to 84 percent less time on technical support calls and taking up to 58 percent fewer steps to resolve common hardware issues than key competitors, lessening the burden on IT professionals by significantly reducing day-to-day administrative tasks.
- Security – Dell delivers best-in-class security with its commercial products, and its end-to-end client security solutions are designed to meet the stringent security needs of commercial customers. Keep in mind that many of Dell’s competitors’ recently announced alliances and commercial offerings are still untested. Your network’s security isn’t something you want offered up as an experiment.
- Manageability – Whether customers choose to deploy 10 or 10,000 new mobile products, each of the devices need to fit seamlessly within the existing infrastructure. Dell’s KACE architecture platform helps ensure smooth integration through benefits such as desktop virtualisation, user state migration, compliance and reporting, user environment management, and vulnerability scanning.
- Windows 10 – Most of today’s commercial applications are designed for Windows-based platforms and just about every organisation has several legacy apps they need to continue using in the future as well. Dell is an expert in managed transitions, helping all of its customers to make a smooth transition to Windows 10 through its innovative Support solutions and through its team of highly experienced PC deployment project managers and a unique, cloud-based deployment tracking system that has helped deploy more than a million PCs every year for Dell customers around the globe. Dell has been working with Microsoft on the development of Windows 10 for the past couple of years, and will be at the helm of accelerating Windows 10 into the commercial space so customers can leverage the great new capabilities such as Universal Apps, the new Edge browser and Continuum.
“Mobility isn’t just about great devices. It’s about the product, software, service and partnerships together that help customers solve their biggest business issues,” said PJ Dwyer, vice president, Client Solutions, Dell EMEA, “By providing the industry’s most comprehensive selection of tablets and 2-in-1s, coupled with its world-class end-to-end services and support that many businesses require, we have assembled a truly unique offering that our customers can leverage to truly maximise the productivity of their mobile teams.”