The stock Android keyboard is not for everyone, and many of us like using other options like Swype, Smart Keyboard Pro, Thumb Keyboardor one of the many others that are available, and setting them to be your default keyboard is rather easy.
- Download and install new keyboard
- Go to Settings then scroll to Languages and keyboard
- Ensure that check mark is next to name of new keyboard
- Go to a text entry field (email, SMS, etc)
- Long press in empty compose space, select Input Method
- Select keyboard that you wish to use