Describe the company – the elevator pitch …
Gopili is a multimodal metasearch engine for domestic or short-haul journeys. We help people visit more often their family and friends and always at the best price. We believe in giving travellers the power to choose so we give them access to the big picture. In Gopili you can compare train, bus, ride share and flights all in one search to save time and money.
— Gopili (@gopili) June 12, 2017
How are you different?
We are multimodal. On www.gopili.co.uk you can search for tickets to travel by train, bus, plane or even ride share!
We are independent. We don’t sell tickets. We have a trust relationship with travellers because we compare all offers from multiple carriers and the user has the freedom to choose where to buy his ticket.
We are transparent. On our results page, the traveller can access to the final price he will pay for his ticket without any extra fees or unpleasant surprises.
We are free. Gopili is completely free for the user!
Why will the company / product do well?
1. We are helping travellers to find the right option in a more and more complex transportation world. New companies, new online ticket merchands, or even new transport modes have shown up last years. Gopili is simplifying travellers’ life by providing them a huge amount of information in only one page.
2. We are helping transportation companies, carriers and OTAs to develop their online sales thanks to the audience we redirect from Gopili to their websites.
3. We’ve got a killer app launched last year which has been very well received by European travellers. We are getting the biggest volume of downloads in Germany even if we don’t perform any marketing campaigns there and the app is not even translated to German yet!
— Gopili (@gopili) May 28, 2017
Where are you based?
Our headquarters are based in Rennes (France).
When was the company launched?
Gopili’s parent company is KelBillet, officially launched in France in 2009. In 2015 we started our international development by creating Gopili. The first country where Gopili arrived was the UK in January 2015. Later on we launched in other key European countries like Spain, Italy and Germany. Today we are already present in 19 markets all over the world.
What have been your biggest wins to date?
With more than 8 years of experience helping French travellers and already 2 years working on a European level, here are some of our key achievements:
• Opening of our services in 19 countries and 10 different languages.
• Launch of the app Gopili, available on itunes and Google Play
• 4 Million visits / month across Europe
• New partners to increase our coverage across Europe: we are now covering more than 8,000 destinations and 80,000 routes with 500 referenced companies
• Generated more than 70 Million euros of business volume to our partners in 2016
What type of people (market segment) are you trying to attract to your product?
Any person can use Gopili to find the transportation option that better fits its needs, but we know the big part of our audience use Gopili to find an economic way to travel to visit their friends and relatives. We like to think we are helping them visiting their families more often.
Tell us about your team?
We are currently 15 people working in Gopili and the team is growing fast. We are a young team, with an average age under 30. We are dynamic, skilled and international. We cultivate a taste for initiatives and results. Hosted in the French Tech Rennes Saint-Malo, we benefit from a motivating environment: open coffee, workshops UI/UX, BBQ … and many more! We are currently recruiting new talents on sales, marketing and dev fields.
What are your long term plans for your product / company?
Our goal is to become the leading multimodal search engine for domestic and short-haul trips in Europe.
What are your favourite tech gadgets?
In addition to common smartphone and tablet, my favourite gadget is the portable battery charger. It saves the life of a traveller during a trip or during long waits at the airport or at the station. It has certainly saved mine more than once!
How do people get in touch with you?
You can find all our contact information on our website www.gopili.co.uk or (in French) www.kelbillet.com.