What is the GECKO Governance elevator pitch
GECKO Governance is a new RegTech solution to easily allow fund managers to monitor and manage their regulation and compliance requirements.
GECKO Governance is the first solution in the market to provide fund managers with a live oversight of all the funds regulation and compliance requirements – which funds are on schedule and which are behind, which compliance tasks are outstanding and which have been completed.
GECKO Governance enables fund managers to schedule all their end to end compliance and regulatory tasks and provides an independent verifiable audit trail of compliance to satisfy global financial regulators requirements.
How are you different?
Problem with the existing solutions is that they do not provide an oversight of ALL their fiduciary and regulatory requirements. They are trying to solve the problem by building software on a Regulation-by-Regulation basis (AIFMD, MIFID II, UCITS-V, FATCA, PRIPS, etc.)
GECKO Governance gives an oversight for all your fund regulation and compliance, its unique features include:
- One centralised dashboard fund view
- Multi-Client Oversight
- End to end compliance task management
- Independent verifiable audit trail for all fund regulation
- “Drag & Drop” regulatory calendar management
- Enables regulators fiduciary requirements
- Wraps around all funds compliance documentation
- Live birds-eye view of fund regulatory status
- Full Version control,
- Fully integrated into Google Docs and Microsoft Office 365
What does GECKO Governance do well?
Since the financial crisis of 2008, fund managers and banks have paid incredible fines, $150 billion dollars approximately for not complying properly with their financial regulations. That incredible sum is equal to Ireland’s GDP for a year.
While running my own hedge fund consultancy in London I was amazed by the fact there was no solution in the market to give fund managers a centralized dashboard overview of all their compliance and regulatory requirements – GECKO Governance is the solution.
— GECKO Governance (@GECKOgovernance) July 11, 2016
What type of people are you trying to attract?
We have interviewed over 40 Fund Managers and Administrators globally to understand their
regulatory needs and requirements. Our research has consistently highlighted a gap in the market for a real-time regulatory solution to address financial regulators requirements. Existing solutions do not do this.
Fund Managers and Fund Administrators are our initial target costumer. They will buy GECKO
Governance because they are in dire need of a RegTech solution which gives them a live view of
their regulatory compliance and an independent audit trail to satisfy financial regulators.
Where are you based and when was the company launched?
Our head office is Dundalk, with another office in Dublin city centre. We are aiming to open new offices in London and New York (http://www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/gecko-governence-eyes-up-london-expansion-at-bloomberg-pitch-event-1.2715564). We’ve just launched our new product in May.
What have been your biggest wins to date?
- January 2016 – Hired two work placement students from Dundalk Institute of Technology as business development analysts.
- March 2016 – Demonstrated GECKO Governance at Dublin Beta, a showcase of start-ups.
- March 2016 – Won a place on TechStars Startup Next programme run by Google for Entrepreneurs – the No. 1 Startup Pre-Acceleration Program in the world.
- April 2016 – Featured in Hedgeweek – the world’s No. 1 hedge fund magazine and website – featured an article on GECKO Governance (see here).
- May 2016 – Finalist for “Best Digital Online Start Up” at the Bank of Ireland StartUp Awards.
- May 2015 – Began on-boarding process and test pilot of DMS Offshore as our first paying client for GECKO Governance.
- June 2016 – Begin partnership discussions to “white label” GECKO Governance with a leading global market vendor data organisation.
- July 2016 – Qualified for Bloomberg IIBN (Irish International Business Network pitch night in London.
- July 2016 – First ever Irish start-up to qualify for the London FinTech Boot camp, the Nr 1 FinTech Accelerator globally.
Tell us about your team?
In terms of the team, it is headed by Shane Brett, a published author about hedge fund regulation, and consultant with 20 years’ experience in the funds industry. Our CTO and the business development team share over 20 years of IT and business experience, Damien Cahill and Andris Macs are our business development analysts.
The directors believe the company can use their substantial industry contacts and market demand, to move quickly to roll out GECKO Governance across the fund management industry.
What are you long term plans for the course?
By aiming to open company offices in London and longer term in New York & Asia to be close to clients and enable first class support to UK and US clients.
How do people get in touch with you?
“We are GECKO Governance and we got your regulation covered!”
— GECKO Governance (@GECKOgovernance) June 18, 2016