Describe the company – the elevator pitch …
Adrenaline Hunter is the first online booking platform for extreme sports and outdoor activities worldwide. It’s a marketplace connecting outdoor professionals with those seeking adventure travel experiences and outdoor activities all around the world.
With Adrenaline Hunter, you are three steps away from your next thrill. Get to adrenaline-hunter.com. Choose your spot in the five corners of the earth and you’ll find the adrenaline pumping activity you’re looking for. Then click on book and you are ready to go.
Water / Air / Land / Snow / Urban and Crazy are our key elements found in different sports like skydiving, paragliding, kitesurfing, canyoning, backcountry skiing, skateboarding and bungee jumping.
2,600 activities in 48 countries rest to be found and booked at adrenaline-hunter.com. Promise it takes you less than a minute to find what you are looking for, and book it online.
How did you come up with the idea? When was the company launched?
The idea started back at 2013 when the co-founder Maud Mathe and her sister had several unlucky booking experiences for outdoor activities, trying to book a mountain guide in La Grave (in the French Alps), a kitesurfing lesson in Hawaï, or a surfing lesson in Biarritz… few months later Maud found herself on a beach in Cape Town passing hours over the phone trying to reach different kitesurfing instructors to book a kite lesson. The next day, she woke up and the idea was already there – she decided to create a platform where you would be able to book your outdoor activity online hassle free.
It was on 2015 that she found an extreme sports lover and finance savvy, Philippe Bichet the co-founder, and the first seed round came in bringing 600,000€ in, to create the team and take the platform online. The seed round came from business angel, Denis Fayolle, a serial entrepreneur who has previously founded LaFourchette – or thefork (a restaurant booking service acquired by TripAdvisor three years ago). Only a year, another 600,000€ bridge round was invested in the company from its historic investors and three new shareholders.
Today Adrenaline Hunter has established its name in the field of adventure tourism getting ready for its first Series A.
— Adrenaline Hunter (@huntadrenaline) April 11, 2017
How are you different?
Adrenaline Hunter brings that energy in the world of booking platforms that didn’t exist before.
Platforms selling all kinds of tours exist already, but none is specialized on extreme sports.
We support the idea that people should stop buying stuff and start living and buying experiences! Adventure is the only thing that makes you feel alive, and rest assure you will find the activity to make you feel alive at adrenaline-hunter.com
Why will the company/product do well?
Adrenaline Hunter is a specialized booking platform facilitating reservations for outdoor activities in a market of 40bn dollars spent worldwide per year.
There are some good reasons why our customers love it:
1) Cost: It’s totally free to use the platform.
2) Ease of use: it’s an easy to use platform allowing you to find, compare and book your activity in less than a minute everywhere in the world.
3) Prices: on our platform best prices are guarantee. Never more expensive than on our partner’s website or on the spot.
4) Activity’s infos: on the activity’s page customers can find all the info they need as to where is the meeting point, what will they do, what’s included in the activity and what they need to bring with them.
5) Personal touch: We have a 24/7 personalized customer support to help them out with their booking, and the same price they would pay on the spot.
And some other reasons why our partners love us…
- Booking management: Most of our partners are busy during the day doing the activities underwater or on air. Taking customer queries and answering to emails is not easy for them. We take care of that, answering to all the customer queries in a precise and clear way.
- Cost: we work on commission basis only on successful booking. Meaning that if we don’t promote our partner’s activities in the right way, we don’t make any money.
- Content: we take care of creating unique and informative content
- Marketing activities: we market the activities of our partners in the best possible way following the latest trends in digital marketing.
— Adrenaline Hunter (@huntadrenaline) May 21, 2017
Where are you based?
In the area of Sentier in the heart of Paris, a vivid neighborhood with many startups.
What have been your biggest wins to date?
- Building the biggest catalog for extreme sports & outdoor activities worldwide
- Optimizing the website to offer the best customer experience
- Breaking our customer’s satisfaction records
- Achieving a bridge funding before the Serie A
- Forming an international team (7 nationalities) who share the same values and goals to exceed every day our goals
What type of people (market segment) are you trying to attract to your product?
There are 2 types of people:
- Beginners that want to test a new activity
- Outdoor enthusiasts and sport lovers that want to progress in their favorite sport or try a new activity
Tell us about your team?
We are a young start up team of motivated sports enthusiasts who want to share their passion with the world and make a difference. 18 sport lovers from France, New Zealand, U.K., Mexico, Greece Argentina and Norway, united to create the first booking platform for extreme sports.
Everyone practices at least one or two sports you can find on our platform, so we can help out our customers to find the right one for themselves.
What are your long term plans for your product / company?
The next big challenge for the company is definitely the series A.
For our customers one of the features to develop in 2017 is our mobile application. We’re also looking to offer exclusive promotions to our clients.
For our partners the objective is to build an online booking software allowing them to manage their calendars & bookings on their own.
What are your favourite tech gadgets?
The product team is definitely Apple watch & Iphone addict! #apple
How do people get in touch with you?
For booking enquiries feel free to contact us by chat, email at [email protected] or phone in the following numbers:
AUSTRALIA: +61 2 8310 7645
FRANCE: +33 1 76 35 00 87
NEW ZEALAND: +64 9-801 6094
NORWAY: +47 23 96 10 22
SOUTH AFRICA: +27 43 004 2333
SPAIN: +34 902 01 80 12
UK: +44 20 3318 3096
For general enquiries you can send us an email to [email protected]