Welcome to episode seven of AI in Action, the podcast that breaks down the hype and explores the impact that Data Science, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence are making on our everyday lives.
Powered by Alldus International, our goal is to share with you the insights of technologists and data science enthusiasts to showcase the excellent work that is being done within AI across the world.
Today’s guest on the show is Max Cottica, who is the CIO with Staycity Aparthotels. Max has worked in the field of data analytics for nearly 40 years and has strong technical skills in data warehousing and Big Data technologies.
Max is very passionate about data science and has seen plenty of change and transformation from working for over three decades in the field. Max has enjoyed a very successful career to date having worked with the likes of Oracle, Microsoft, HP, Ulster Bank and AIB. In late 2017, he joined StayCity Aparthotels where he is now implementing data science to optimise their business processes and improve customer experience.
In this really fascinating episode, you will learn about:
- Max’s background and changes he has seen from working in data science for more than three decades
- Why he is excited about the potential of Snowflake, the cloud-based data warehouse platform
- How companies don’t need to reinvent the wheel when implementing data science into their business
- How preparing for the journey and building the proper foundations are key to success in data science
- What StayCity Aparthotels is all about and how he will use data analytics to help grow the business
- His goal to build a customer intelligence platform with StayCity Aparthotels
- Max’s predictions for the future of data science, including Python, Spark, NLP and social network scoring
What did you think of Max’s podcast? Where do you see the future of data science and AI heading in the next few years? I would love to hear your thoughts so please leave a comment below.
If you would like to hear more from AI in Action then please subscribe in the links below and don’t forget to like and share with your friends on social media.
Subscribe to the AI in Action Podcast