Welcome to episode four of AI in Action, the podcast that breaks down the hype and explores the impact that Data Science, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence are making on our everyday lives.
Powered by Alldus International, our goal is to share with you the insights of technologists and data science enthusiasts to showcase the excellent work that is being done within AI across the world.
Today’s guest is Anthony O’Neill. Anthony is the former Director at Eir’s Analytics Centre of Excellence and since recording this podcast, he has now moved on to a new venture as the Director of Analytics in Internal Consulting at Optum.
Anthony is a commercially-focused analytics leader with a successful track record in discovering and operationalising insight-driven strategy. Anthony worked at fellow telecommunications companies O2 and Vodafone earlier in his career, before making the switch to Eir in late 2010.
In 2015, he took up the role as director at Eir’s Analytics Centre of Excellence where the aim is to build a sustainable competitive advantage for Eir through commercial insight and understanding drivers of value in the market.
In this episode, Anthony will chat about:
– What attracted him the Data Science World
– How Eir uses data science to help them make better decisions in a more complex environment
– How the opening of the Centre of Excellence in 2015 made life easier for Eir’s Data scientists
– Making sure to always deliver what the customer wants
– How Eir stays ahead of the competition
– Where Anthony believes the future of data science is heading in the next few years
What did you make of Anthony’s podcast? Where do you see the future of data science heading in the next few years? I would love to hear your thoughts so please leave a comment below.
If you would like to hear more from AI in Action then please subscribe and don’t forget to like and share with your friends on social media.
Subscribe to the AI in Action Podcast: