A new survey carried out by Carphone Warehouse has found that 57% of consumers would switch mobile phone contracts today if they could in order to get a better deal.
The survey was commissioned by Carphone Warehouse to gain an insight into the challenges facing consumers when they need to buy a new phone or switch contract.
Other findings in the survey included:
– Battery Life is the main feature consumers look for when choosing a new mobile phone (83%), followed by Data Storage (72%), Camera Quality (67%) and Screen Size (61%).
– The main reasons respondents gave for wishing to switch mobile phone contracts were: to get a better deal (56%), to get a brand new phone (22%) and to get a more affordable contract (20%).
– 44% of respondents found that finding a mobile phone contract pay-plan to suit their needs was the most confusing element of buying a new phone.
– The biggest influencing factor in choosing a particular phone or package was on a ‘good deal being available’ (36%).
– Price is a consumer’s top consideration when choosing a new phone (49%), followed by quality of network (35%) and mobile internet connection (14%).
To help people decide which phone or plan to go for, the Carphone Warehouse have redesigned their website which now includes a new ‘Compare and Save’ function where consumers can compare up to five mobile phones and plans at one time.
Some of the different options consumers can compare are dimensions, camera capabilities and operating systems, data allowances and out of bundle costs on plans
You can check out the new feature by visiting www.carphonewarehouse.ie