Yesterday it was announced that due to high demand, the closing date for applications for the The StartApp competition has been extended to May 20th. The StartApp competition was created and funded by Philip McNamara. Philip is originally from Galway but moved to Silicon Valley 4 years ago. This StartApp Competition has opened its applications for startups within the technology field. Applicants will participate in a program that fosters dialogue and collaboration between innovators, researchers, investors and industry with the winners being awarded investment and guidance in the Silicon Valley environment.
The program will consist of mentoring workshops, pitching opportunities and marketing guidance. The competition will take place in both Belfast on June 3rd and Dublin on June 4th, 2014. The StartApp competition will bring together entrepreneurs, startups, investors and leaders within the technology space.
Companies will get to pitch their product, game, service or technology product in front of a group of active Silicon Valley investors. You can find out more about the investors and judges of the event here.
The top prize for the winning startup is as follows:
- Winner will be flown to San Francisco.
- Put up in one of the best startup incubators in the city.
- Get paired up with some great mentors and advisors.
- Get meetings setup with top Silicon Valley VCs.
- Get membership to Zipcar.
- Put in front of investors who between them, can invest up to $500k in the startup.
If you are thinking of entering, in order to qualify you must fit the following criteria:
- Be valued under or around $900,000 (€650,000)
- Have a web based product or service
- Be early stage
- Big market with very ambitious plans
- Be nominated by your incubator, or if not in an incubator, get someone to vouch for you.
- Final date for entries has now been extended to May 20th, 2014.
For more information on the competition, the people behind it and the judges, you can check out the official website here. Should you be interested, you can find links to apply for the competition here.