Samsung Finally took to the stage and announced the release of the next Nexus device earlier this morning. The specs are very similar to ones leaked some months ago. It is running the latest version of Android which was also announced at the same event. Probably the most impressive feature of the new phone is the 720p HD SuperAMOLED 4.65″ Display. One of the other novel features is that the phone can be unlocked by using facial recognition through the front facing camera.
Global release is expected in November but specifics are a bit light at the moment. We will update the post as more details become available.
- Network: HSPA+ 21Mbps/HSUPA 5.76Mbps 850/900/1900/1700/2100, EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
Specifications above may differ on the LTE version.
- Processor: 1.2 GHz Dual-core Processor (OMAP 4460)
- Display: 4.65-inch 1280×720 HD Super AMOLED
- OS: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Main (Rear) Camera: 5MP AF with LED Flash with zero shutter lag and fast shot2shot
- Sub (Front) Camera: 1.3MP for Video Call
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Compass, Gyro, Light, Proximity, Barometer
- Memory: 1GB RAM + 16/32GB Internal memory
- Size: 135.5 x 67.94 x 8.94 mm, 135g
- Battery: Standard battery, Li-on 1750 mAh.
- Android Beam uses NFC to easily share content with other Android users