Is PSD2 an opportunity or a headache for banks? FinTech Insider News guest Ben Robinson says we’re still underestimating the magnitude of what the regulators are asking banks to do, “which is basically to put their inventory online. Asking banks to give up their transactional data is like asking Google to give up its metadata. You can see why banks wouldn’t want to.”
Also in the news, Monzo’s crowdfunding (and outage); our new favorite rap song; and Orange is the new bank.
- Christopher Burniske, Blockchain Products Lead at ARK INVEST
- Ben Robinson, Chief Strategy and Marketing Officer at Temenos
News this week:
- Finextra – EBA to relax controversial PSD2 authentication rules – Link
- Finextra – Brits warm to mobile tap and pay – Link
- Finextra – Singapore commuters can now tap-and-pay for their fares with Mastercard – Link
- JP Morgan, Intel, Microsoft join Ethereum Blockchain Alliance Link
- 11FS – 11 things your CIO needs to know about blockchain today – Link
- FT – Top bank executives required to vouch for cyber attack defenses – Link
- Level39 – Yielders makes history: The first UK Shariah compliant Fintech company based at Level39 – Link
- The Register – Telco Orange to open bank next month – Link
- Finextra – Monzo blows past £2.5 million crowdfunding target – Link
- Atlanta Constitution Journal – Rapper’s money saving advice goes viral – Link
Enjoy FinTech Insider? Please tell a friend about our podcast and leave us a review on iTunes. Thank you so much!