Well no it’s not a review as there’s more then plenty of them out there at present but I thought I’d put together some of my favourite aspects/features of iOS5. Currently I’m running it on an iPod Touch 4th Gen device as well as an 8GB 3GS. Both devices were easy to update but I had to hard reset my 3GS before it would properly restore. The os is smooth on both devices and this is pretty good considering the 3GS processor is underclocked to 600mhz.
- The notification page is a lovely feature too and it’s handy that it can be checked from any page/app on the device by simply swiping down from the top of the screen.
- One of my favourite features are that syncing/backing up the device no longer stops you from interacting with the device until it’s finished, so I can carry on watching flims or listening to music while it does it’s stuff.
- Another one of my favourite features is that the music remembers where you stopped listening to it when you go back to it. Before if you switched to watching a film and then went back to music you had to start again but now it remembers exactly where you let off.
- iCloud is very handy for backing up to and the wifi sync to iTunes is also very useful for when my cables decide to go walkies (usually with my son!).
- The new grid for the camera is a great help for taking better pictures and the quick access to the camera when the device is locked (Double tapping on Home button will show the Camera symbol to the right of the “slide to unlock” button) is great for taking a photo quickly.
So they’re some of my favourite features of iOS5, what are yours? Let us know in the comments section below.